Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Milquetoast, represented by Dewey, Rapem, and Howe.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by Jaybird
Milquetoast, represented by Dewey, Rapem, and Howe.
LOL, I was just about to mention that infamus name.... :)

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Everyone take a deep breath and slide your chair away from the keyboard. lol

Wadaya mean theres other sites, I dont have time to read all the stuff here.

Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
When I decided to buy a bike after a ten year break I had never even heard of DRN. The guy at the dealership sold me the KDX and said, "You really need to check out this site". I headed out to Turkey Bay and didn't think much of it. About a month later I was online and decided to hit Canadian Dave's site. I was a little bit intimidated by the amount of knowledge out there, but after a while of just reading learning I started to get involved. I got linked up with CAL, TTRGUY, GOSPEEDRACER and some others and quickly realized that this place is a worthwhile and worthy site. People here really do care about one another. Also, I felt guilty for gaining so much without giving somthing back, so I joined the STM ranks. I realize that this place probably costs a small fortune to run. Also for those of you who have to read every post, the time involved is staggering. I hope that it never comes down to a "Pay to Post" site, or a subscriber only site, but if it does, it's worth it to me to pay. I would only ask that if we have to go that route, please emplace a grace period of like 30 days from joining for someone to pay. But, you guys are the ones who came up with the DRN idea and thus far I've gotta say y'all have done a fine job, keep up the good work! As for the ganging up on folks, I've seen it happen to "worthy posts", but DRN is a family and like any family, folks get defensive about one another and conflict occurs. The Mods and Admins seem to be doing a good job being the "adult supervision" and nipping a lot of the bull in the bud. Thanks for listening, JMHO. :thumb:

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
If this had been one of those 'pay to enter sites', I would have never considered it,.....why, with all the spam and scam on the web, I almost aways close that window and move on.

But after being here for 2 1/2 years and realizing the wealth of information along with related links, meeting other riders and the people responsible for this site at DW, this place has proven to be by far, a worthy investment.  Although some may never see it that way, and for those, well maybe they should only read. 

There are some 'members only' boards out there where you must be a member in good standing before even viewing the board, and you must use your real name,... and a host of other very restrictive rules to play.

While I'm not against making it a 'pay to post' site,... I do think its important to always keep it open for free viewing. (not that that was ever considered) 

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Free to view, pay to post - not a bad concept !

Go away for a few weeks, and miss all the action .... :p

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
Originally posted by BunduBasher
Free to view, pay to post - not a bad concept !

Go away for a few weeks, and miss all the action .... :p
Hows everything going??? I guess we need to remove Bundu's pic from the milk carton. :)

Last edited:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
:) He posted a bit on the 26th after a 2 week hyatus.

The person I am wondering about is Moo Cow, he hasn't been around for like 3 months :scream: :think:

GCooper

Oct 7, 2002
Well whoever owns this site You aught to know I own and run a Data Center with a tier 1 connection. We have dual DS3's and can host this site for free if interested.

The question is do you own the physical server or do you outsource one?

Get back to me, I can save you money.

Top Bottom