tristan

Jun 12, 2001
Just got a 2000 CR125 today, WAHOO!!!! :cool: it's sooo fast and great! But it's my first 2-stroke, and modern bike,('88 Xr250 was my last bike) and i need help setting it up. First off, how much sag should i run? How do i adjust the rear suspension? Should i adjust the forks, if so how? i weigh 150lbs. without gear and am 5'9" and i am a novice rider(i know how to ride, but i still need to practice). Also how long until i should change the top-end and pistons? Is it hard? How many hours until i should chang the gear oil? Is the honda HP Gear oil good to use? Also is 32:1 using Honda HP2 and 93 octane gas a good ratio? How long until i should change the coolant, can you change the coolant? There is a lot of vibration going to the handlebars at high RPMs, so much that after around 45-60min i have to give my hands a break(even though i wear gloves), will i get used to it and i have a set of CR mid protapers will putting them on help? And lastly is their a website that has tech information on CR125's?
I know there are a lot of questions but i dont have my owner's manual yet(it's being sent to me) I LOVE MY BIKE!!!!!!!
Thanks for the help!!! :aj:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
wow, a lot of questions, your best bet is to buy eric gorrs book on dirtbikes. it will be the best $25 you ever spend!

all of the questions you ask cant really be answered since we dont know the condition, but WHEN you get the book you will be able to figure all of this verry quickly for yourself and just come back with "particular" questions.

good luck:)

tristan

Jun 12, 2001
Yeah sorry about all those questions. i got carried away :) my main question is with the suspension. how do i adust the front and rear and how much sag should i run. Also how long until i should change the gearbox oil.
Thanks for the Help!!!!!!!!

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Tristan, change your gearbox oil frequently. Frequency is more important than oil quality IMHO. I change my CR every other ride for example.

Start with your rear sag at about 100mm. I would also buy yourself a manual for the bike, as much of this info is in it, but the screw on the top of the fork (in the center) is the rebound adjuster, the compression is adjusted by a screw in the very bottom of the fork. As for the shock, rebound is the screw at the bottom of the shock (on the side below spring) and compression is on the reservoir side. The small compression screw is the low speed compression and the larger outer ring is high speed compression. The "high" and "low" do not necessarily refer to bike speed, but the speed that the suspension is moving (ie. sharp edge ledge=high speed, long rolling whoops=low speed)...get the idea?

Hope this helps!

SiCnTwIsTdYz

Apr 10, 2002
i am 5'6 and 145lbs i run my race sag at 100, i went 2 clicks up on the compression in my 2000 yz125, i run maxima super-m in my pre-mix or castor-927,bel ray gear saver in my gearbox,and i use honda HP coolant in my radiator, the HP coolant is 50/50 mixed with ethylene glycol and distilled water which you should use any coolant with ethylene glycol or distilled water in it, i just put my new reeds in my reed black (boyesen power reeds), i cant wait to take it out and see how they work, well my bike is still running strong after 2 years on it, i havn rode in 3 months! well have fun witrh your 2000 cr125 my bro has the same bike its a great bike, later dude

tristan

Jun 12, 2001
Thank You Guys for all the help!!!! I really appriciate it!!!!! I was riding today and broke the clutch lever and had to push it all the way home :( also today, while riding, i noticed when i start the bike up, and the revs are high, if i immidiantly(i think that's spelled right.....it's late) sometimes the bike creeps in first gear. IS this normal??? the guy i bought it off of said he just put in a new honda clutch basket and plates. also sometimes it will start in gear, sometimes it won't, and sometimes it creeps when i kickstart it while holding in the clutch(in gear). Is this normal?

Thank you guys for all the help!!!!! I really needed it!!!!!!

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
When the bike creps along while in gear with the clutch lever pulled it, it usually means that the oil is cold and the plates are sticking. Before you start it move the bike back and forth some to make sure its in neutral.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom