jsirvine

Mar 20, 2002
Had a few days in Moab last weekend. I could only take short and relatively easy rides due to family considerations but had a great time. Rode Gemini Bridges Notrth of town, easy for all but the end which was fun but more of a challenge for my daughter, she still had fun. Also road in the Hatch Point area 30 miles South. Great views, fast roads, some fun mud from recent rain. Wanted to ride Schaefer Train but it requires street legal so I went to long canyon adjacent to Dead Horse State Park. More great scenery, all downhill and back up. Last day I went South to just East of Monticello in the Mountains, very cool, beautiful trees, fast roads up and over the mountains. There is a nice parking area by the campground, can ride 30+ miles to Blanding then back.
Had the KDX and the KX500, what a hoot! If you can get there it is all great, great weather, super scenic. The popular campsites are filling fast with mountain bikes.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
that place rules. ive been thru on street bikes many times but have always wished for my dirtbike. did you do slickrock or the rim trail? seems there is a "12 mile creek" or something like that. i wanna go sooo bad.

jsirvine

Mar 20, 2002
I got out to slickrock later in the day and there was no room to camp so I had to go back into town. I did get to tide several different types of trail and still have that on the list. Is greta riding.

Top Bottom