kawaguy

Jan 12, 2005
hi there guys, i have a 1999 kawasaki kx125 and have just pulled off my front suspension, ive got them apart but i cant get them completely in to peices, iv unscrewed the fork caps and pulled out the springs and taken off the outer slider thingi but there is still more stuff to be taken apart in the lower fork, all the valves and stuff are still down there, and is there a way to get the bottom caps of the forks, do i need a special tool for this (taking out the valves and lower fork caps) and what did you guys use to drive the new oil seals back in. CHEERS

my for forks are kayabas and i think there 46mm, they are standard with no mods whatsoever

viking20

Sponsoring Member
Aug 11, 2002
If you have never done it before , a manual would be a good thing to have.
The base valve is best removed with an impact gun - air driven , or electrical. You may have to assemble the fork leg again , so the pressure from the springs will make it easier to un-screw the base valve from the rod . If I need to remove the basevalves , I normally loosen them before taking the leg apart.
If you just want to change oil and seals , its not nessecary to remove the basevalve.
There is a seal driver available off course , but you can use several other things , a piece of plastic tubing , with a slot cut in it , so it will go on the fork leg. You can even cut one of the old seals , and use it to install the new ones

Top Bottom