kdx 200 have good bottom power?

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
hi, i rode a 220 and was impressed by the bottom end wheelie power,,, are the 200's pretty good also?..better bottom than a 125 mx bike?

I have heard that the 200 is tuned for speed and rev, and the 220 is tuned for torque.
It would be nice to have a bike that's about like a 125 tuned for torque, and thought a kdx200 may be the answer....thanks

Alpinestar

Apr 18, 2001
I can pull a wheelie in every gear. I have heard that putting a FMF Tourque pipe, and a Wesico piston gives the KDX 200 monster low. I have the stock pipe on mine still, and just recently geared it 14/51, took the airbox lid off, and I am not lying its amazing what little things like that can do to a KDX, I felt the added power in everyway possible ( even sitting on the fender bag ;) ). I can not compare to my 125 lol, unless your comparing say an XR 100 to my ole YZ, but the KDX is the nimblest, shear powerfullest thing on the trails today. The KDX was my answer, and is my joy nowadays, I worked hard to get it and busting my arse right now. Still shes worth every penie I put on it. later

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
i used to have a 86 yamaha it 200,, that was ten years ago..
is the newer kdx200 even more powerful? i always felt the IT needed more bulldog power and it wasnt that fast on top end..

Alpinestar

Apr 18, 2001
I have heard about those ITs. That they where power houses. But the KDXs are super fast. If you want a bike, that is cheaper, powerful, nimble, stylish, and just a great all around machine, take your money, and put it on a KDX 200. The bike is a snap to work on, I love the bike. My buddie has a 96 yz 250. He was amazed at the low end power my bike had when he took her though the parking lot, enough to get him one in 1 month. The 125s never have a chance with the KDX 200 in the woods, im sure with some mods, and suspenision work the 200 would eat them alive on the track as well. I have a 90 125, what do you think about yours, mine hasnt ran it forever, im scared to crank it the bike makes new nosies everytime it runs :D. I love my KDX, but every person is different. 8000 members post here on this site. Alot of them are very pleased KDX owners. hope on the boat, and see if you like the ride. later

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom