BPJNT

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2001
Currently have an 02 KDX 200 w/ FMF Rev Pipe & TC II SA, stock jetting, Race Tech Gold Valve front/rear & .42 Race Tech springs & stock rear spring, but looking at getting 02 RM 125 and was wondering if anybody else rides a newer 125. Ride 60/40 track/trails in PA (tight/technical). Looking at the RM because lighter, excellent handling and better suspension, I am 5'7" 158. I know all about the 125's not having much bottom end, but the newer ones are supposed to have better low end and much broader power throughout. I'd like to hear from people who have ridden the newer 125's.

Keep 02 KDX 200 or Buy 02 RM 125?

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
I don't see why you want to go down in cc's ... I do not think you will be happy with the RM in the woods or the track. If anything go with the Orange 250. Did I just say that??? What is this world coming too? :)

MX2_motorex

Jan 7, 2003
I personaly think that the RM125 expeasaily new ones are the most awsome machines. The motor freakin rips and it handles really good in the tight stuff. I changed from a YZ250f to the '02 RM125 I have now. I mostly ride tracks, sometimes I ride trails and they have really tight stuff here at the ORV parks. It handles wonderfuly in the tight stuff. The only down side I would have to say (if the bike your getting is stock) is that the suspension is to soft. That might work to your advantige since your riding trails. Anyhoo I hope this info helps with your discision.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Unless you're considering taking up MX full time and racing, then stick with the KDX. Yes there are people who ride 125's in the woods, bu it makes no sense when you have so many good woods bikes out there like the KDX. I think you would be very disappointed after having your KDX. If you're mainly just wanting to have a bike to ride on the track that doesn't have lights and fender bags on it (if it's a style issue for you) then why not just simply remove the lights in place for MX front and rear fenders.

Last edited:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Oops, I meant to say change out the front light w/ a number plate and the rear fender. :) (Thanks Patsy)

Top Bottom