BPJNT

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2001
I am a novice-intermediate rider, 5'7 158 age 38. I ride 60/40 track/trails. I currently have an 02 KDX 200 w/ FMF Rev pipe & TCII SA, Race Tech front springs .42 w/ gold valves and stock rear .50 w/ gold valves. The bike is great and it has been a lot of fun, but I was thinking of doing a little MX racing, vet class for fun w/ my buddies. We're all older and don't want to get hurt. I'm looking at getting a 00 KX 250 (ex cond/good deal $2,500) and was wondering if it will be too much bike. Can I still enjoy and lug the bike on trails? Or would a 125 be a better choice because less powerful than the 250. Let me know your thoughts on the 250.

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
When you ride a combination MX /trail it is a personal preference thing. An MX bike is the best compromise for me but some people go the other way. See if you can get some saddle time on someones MX bike on both types of terrain. After spending some time on an MX track with it you won't want to go back to a KDX but its a trade off when you go trail riding.

Top Bottom