KDX is Ready to Go!

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
Well - not sure how I convinced the wife again :worship: - but our group of 15 balding, semi-overweight spodes is ready for Moab. Seven days of riding some of God's greatest country. :yeehaw:

Of course I am the only KDX in the bunch - most have given up and been lured away by modern four strokes. Suckers.

Will post some pics upon my return. Good food, great beer and incredible riding - what a week it will be!

kdxluver

Feb 22, 2004
KDX Fun in Moab

Sounds bitchin to me..... Have a great ride, kick a little 4 stroke a## for me, :p and above all have a couple of beers for me!!!!!!!! :yeehaw:
Randy :laugh:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I thought Moab was largely a hiker/biker (bicy-type) place.

It's a good bit of elevation, isn't it?

I rode through that area on the way to Mesa Verde on my SC awhile back. It is indeed beautiful country.

Have a great time! Ride safe!!

Yeah...a ride report!!

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
canyncarvr said:
I thought Moab was largely a hiker/biker (bicy-type) place.

It's a good bit of elevation, isn't it?

NO SIR! Ther are rides there that most agree are the most beautiful places to ride on earth - bar none. Millions and millions of acres of BLM and Forest service land at your finger tips.

Elevation varies from 3000 (right on the CO river) to over 11000 (which will be snow packed now).

We should be good up to 8000 or so before it gets ugly.

You can often ride for 4-6 hours and never see another soul.

There are countless 150 miles loops that have so much elevation change you actually get tired of the switchbacks.

It is no place to take those new to offroading as you can get yourself - well - dead quickly. 1000 foot dropoffs are a dime adozen.

There is no place like it - you have to go.

sn

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Uh...how about 4-wheelers (quad type rides)?

I'd suppose there is a good deal of riding for them, too?

I'll see what I can find on the web.

Thanks! Have a great time!!

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
There are places to ride the 4 wheel type critters - but in all honesty - 90% of the riding is considered "public roads" so a plate of some type is required.

The folks in Moab survive from off road enthusiasts of all types - so most turn the other way when a guy on a YZ rides by, bone stock with a car tag zip tied onto his chest protector;)

I will dig up some sites when I get back - but better yest - I will put up a page with some pics from this year's ride.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
canyncarvr said:
Uh...how about 4-wheelers (quad type rides)?

:think: I wonder why 'Carvr would be mentioning a QUAD, of all things?

Maybe 'cuz he was riding a "BANSHEE" over the weekend?

:ohmy:

I wonder if riding that Punkin messed with 'ol Carvr's brain?

Last edited:

Imathorp

Dec 29, 2003
there are clubs that take regular trips through the quad trails in Moab. my inlaw's neighbor moved from there about a year ago. he has a 13 year old honda (4 wheeler) that i would sware was brand new. he lives down by cloud 9 ranch in MO. now.

talk about A/R :D

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…