cochran03

Aug 29, 2007
I recently purchased a new JD Jetting kit. Product said it was for a 95-06 kdx200 and 96-05 kdx220. Cool my 97 will work. get it and it reads on the box for KDX200 or 220 with 35mm carb. Mine is the stock 33mm. This sux. It starts at 150 on the main and I don't need anything that rich. Called Parts Unlimited whom I bought it from, and they will not take it back due to me installing it and trying to make it work. What is a guy to do now? I've already bought the correct mains myself, and now am left with a $75 hole in my pocket.

bmcd308

Feb 9, 2007
Maybe you can reduce the size of the hole by reselling it - you won't get all your cash back, but some.

I find it interesting that 150 is the leanest main; I would have expected it to go a little smaller than that for fuel ratios that don't have much oil by volume on hot, humid days at high altitudes with the stock airbox.

D_Moen

May 7, 2007
Oops! You should have read JustKDX first! My 220 had a 150 main in it and ran like a bag of hammers. I found the "baseline" specs on this site (145 main, 42 pilot, clip second notch down on the needle) and bada-bing it runs like a completley different bike. The super cool thing was that replacement jets were $22.00!

cochran03

Aug 29, 2007
My bike seems weird with its jetting, but I swear it works. I'm running 130 main, top clip position, and 42 pilot. Boysen power reeds FMF Gnarley Pipe, FMF Turbine Core II, and open airbox lid. I don't know why, but when I put the 145 in and clip at 3rd, it ran like crap. No rpm gain at all, no throttle response. Went leaner on the main and it ran great. So what I'm hearing is that a set of reeds will tend to make things richer without your carb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom