STEVE666

Feb 22, 2006
HI
I just wandered if any one has fitted a kdx engine into a kxf frame.
if any one has done this how much work was it to get it to fit.
there are alot of blown up 250f s about goin cheap.

CHEERS STEVE :bang:

KDX CRAZY

Sep 22, 2005
I think it would be an awesome bike if you get it too work , I have noticed though that the frame of the KXF does not have space for the exhaust to go through it . You wouldnt want to start cutting up the aluminium frame .

Yamadad

Jul 17, 2005
In a word, yup. Very fragile. From what I've been told Kawi recommends rings and valves at an insanely early time in its useage. Most people don't do it, and thus it blows up.

STEVE666

Feb 22, 2006
yYes there have been a lot of the earlier kxf 250 s blowing up.
the oil got to be changed regular + people have tuned them up to rev even higher. also to fix a blown motor can cost over £1500.

yes i think the main problem is the exhaust . this could be altered but what would it run like after ?
cheers for the replys keep them coming

markmad

May 20, 2006
This hole 4 stroke craze makes me laugh,ive seen so many 4 stroke motors apart (work opp a quad repair shop) and it's always the same story valves,seats and broken gearboxes plus they sound crap IMO.

19Brendan81

Mar 6, 2005
Im with you mark mad. They sound crap, and they just arent as fun to ride. To their credit, they do have awesome power (so long as they are 400cc +), but they're too heavy and too complicated and expensive to repair. My mates binned their 4 strokes for 2 stroke power.

Long live the two stroke.

Top Bottom