Kdx200/Kx125/250/500 front end swap?

TMKDXER

Sep 18, 2001
Is it possible to swap the front end(i.e. forks, clamps, brakes, wheel, etc.) of a 1990 Kdx 200 with the mentioned parts of the same era Kx (any disp.) or a newer model without any major mod's?
Also would the Kdx engine fit into any of those frames, if so with what mod's or not?

DJM67

Sep 14, 2001
Can anybody shed some light on this????

Surely somebody here has done (or heard of) this type of mod.:think

teton

Dec 13, 2000
I have a set of KLX 300 forks on my KDX 200, but the internals are basicly the same as the stock 43 mm forks, is there any performance gains ? I really dont know yet as Im still healing from a broken leg/ankle. The only problem that I can see by swaping to a KX front end is the travel difference, the KDX is less than the KX fork. Im not sure what the actual travel is on the KDX, about 11" I guess and the KX should be about 12". Not really a major problem, as any good suspension tuner can shorten up the travel on the KX fork, but will it match the stock travel ? You will also have to have a KDX steer stem pressed into the lower triple claimp unless the stems are the same.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…