RECENT POSTS

KIPS Valve Alignment Help

Well I'm not sure if alignment is the best wording. My KDX200 has been sitting for a while and would not start. I bought it used and it needed a complete rebuild. Well I just want to make sure the kips valve is set up correctly. I have a manual but am still confused on the correct positioning of all components. Can somebody help me out. :bang:

jack10525 said:
Well I'm not sure if alignment is the best wording. My KDX200 has been sitting for a while and would not start. I bought it used and it needed a complete rebuild. Well I just want to make sure the kips valve is set up correctly. I have a manual but am still confused on the correct positioning of all components. Can somebody help me out. :bang:
Could you be more specific? What part on the kips is troubling you? i.e.(sub valves, main valve, valve rod to sub valve alignment. etc.)

I got it. The kips gears all have alignment marks. I could only see the ones on top of the cylinder. The marks on the side of the cylinder were covered in dirt. I got it all cleaned up oiled and reinstalled. Now I got to check the torque and put the head on.