dmdee99

Apr 24, 2006
Does anyone have any recommendation on what type of knee and elbow pads to get.

I am thinking about getting the sixsixone 2X4 elbow pads and the sixsixone dj knee pads.

Are these more comfortable that the evs option elbow and knee pads or even the evs burly elbow pads

I am looking for comfort and fit. I do not want something very bulk.

I ride pretty much anything (woods, trails, sand, some mx) :)

alanp

Mar 1, 2006
ive got the thor knee pads i think they are called force(about 80 bucks). i like them but i dont have any experience with anything else. i also have the 661 2x4s i dont much care for these b/c its like a sleeve and cuts off the circulation in my arm above my elbow.

mxmatthew

Apr 7, 2003
another vote for the thor force. I absolutely love them. Once riding I don't notice that they are on and they don't move around at all. I'm not sure if they're too bulky for you, but I wont ride without them now.

rosscopeeko

Feb 25, 2005
I've got the thor force 06 model and they are very slick. Not bulky at all, don't even notice them when you're riding, and offer good protection.

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
Ive never had good luck with elbow pads. They all either give me major arm pump and/or slide down my arms with vibration and jumps. I think this is the case for most people, because I hardly see anyone wearing elbow pads.

If someone comes up with a pair that dont constrict big forearms like a python and slide down they will make a fortune.

Ive had good luck with the fox knee pads with the hard plastic shin guard and knee cap in the past. Very comfortable and pretty good protection. Most riders I think are sucking it up and getting knee braces nowadays though. They start around 150 or so for a pair now.

Remember the good ole days when every new pair of pants came with knee pads? And had a pocket to insert them into?

Top Bottom