Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Just got back from PT ......walking out without crutches. It feels good to be walking again. I get to walk on it and do exersizes on it for a few hours and then I have to rest it.
I may even make it to the gym tomorrow morning if I can get back on schedule.

Hope to see everyone this weekend while I am gimping around.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Good luck tomorrow Brian. I would bet it is an ACL, we can compare notes.....

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
More like a dragon fly song.........

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
I blew my ACL in March of 1994, popping wheelies on a '78 DT175, of all things :rolleyes:. April of '94 was surgery time, and the summer was spent in rehab.
The last fourteen years have been seeing the knee get 'warm' and arthritic on occasion.

Fast forward to 2008, and in September my knee started hurting again, as soon as I got the WR500. Then, it began grinding and popping, so an exploratory December surgery turned up a sheathe of scar tissue had broken loose around the ACL, balling up on the inside of the knee in what the doctor calls an acorn. The doctor trimmed the acorn out, and Voila! my knee feels better than ever, and I've been thoroughly enjoying my ol' dirt bike. Thank you!! It's almost as if I hadn't injured it in the first place.
I'm a happy ACL vet. I hope yours goes just as smoothly.

SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
Don,

MRI tomorrow doc suspects torn MLL or MML along with a MCL. Told me no more running walking, or anything just to sit on my butt until results are back. Did not tell I have riding

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Bring on the mommy phone comments but I just had to shout out. :(

Milestone, first spinning class. 40 days out of surgery. The jumps were hard and I didn't get to max resistance but man it felt great. :)

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
Nice Don...I'll definitely join you a few times this fall to check it out :cool:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Good News saw the Doc today, I can start to ride the MTB, easily as he put it. I guess he means pike path stuff until the hunters are out of the woods, if there is no snow then.
No dirt bike until Feb. Look out GA National here I come. :ride:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Don Marsh said:
Good News saw the Doc today, I can start to ride the MTB, easily as he put it. I guess he means pike path stuff until the hunters are out of the woods, if there is no snow then.
No dirt bike until Feb. Look out GA National here I come. :ride:

Get your entry in NOW and pray it don't rain. I'm skipping that one.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Rode it before and it was fun.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Don Marsh said:
Rode it before and it was fun.

I bet you would change your mind if it rained for 5 days before the event as well as the day of the event..... :uh:

I don't care if it rains in Sumter, it just gets better. Georgia is too risky to have to sign up in November to be assured to race in February. So I'll skip that one, long drive to not enjoy it possibly. But considering it's your first chance to ride again it's understandable you would want to risk it. :cool:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
My thoughts exacly

SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
Only 4 more weeks of crutches and brace, doc told me they had to rescope my knee after the oct operation as there was more torn stuff in the knee. He also said that it was one of the worst ACl tears he had seen. I am healing nicely now.

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
If it has to happen, I guess this is a good time of the year. Heal well Brian. When I did mine, I made my way back to your truck, ate your lunch and drank you beer. :nod: Wish I would have been there to help.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom