KTM 525 EXC Factory 03' opinion

wik91

Feb 5, 2008
My friend bought this bike 3 months ago, he bought it in bad shape but he rebuilt ENTIRE bike. He put suspension, wheels and braking from 2007 model. Akrapovič racing exhaust and i think he moded a engine but i didn't asked him.

I didn't rode the bike but i saw him when he rode it and it goes like hell! The sound is fantastic and the ground is flying all around when he hits the gas.
Well he is now selling the bike cause he is buying some expensive car :whoa: :yell: and my dad and i would like to buy it.
My question is is this bike rideable in tight woods because of its enourmous power? I'm a offroad beginer but my dad was riding enduro races in past and he had a very good results so he can handle this bike without doubt but he is buying the bike so i can ride it too. I can handle a strong bike on flat terain but i'm not so sure i can ride it in tight woods and tricky terain.

Second choice is a KTM 250 EXC 2005 model. What do you think about it? My dad don't like 2 strokes in the woods because of weak low end power, i rode 125 EXC 2007 and it is a very good and lightweight bike but i didn't rode it in woods yet.

If you could choose between this 2 bikes what bike would you choose? I'm mainly riding deep in forest on very tricky and tight terrain with many suden uphills and downhills so the steady bike is a big advantage... but it must be lightweight too hh :blah:

Well i would be happy with both bikes because i like them both but 525 is such a beautiful and powerfull bike! Slightly heavier but after my chinesse 125 enduro 4 stroke it is very lightweight bike! If i can handle 130kg bike than 115 is no problem to me...

Top Bottom