Jeff Sexton

~SPONSOR~
Sep 7, 2001
Sorry KX250KEV, I sold the green beast. After riding both the 02 KX250 for 3 years and the 04 KDX for over a year now, I finally decided my 45 year old body just can't take the thrill of all that power packed in the 250. For casual riding and an occasional hare scramble, I just don't need more bike than the KDX200. Mind you, a few judicious mods are in order. I put an o-ring chain on it, heavier fork springs, and I removed two shims from the compression valve stack. I now have a bike that's down right comfortable to ride and still be competitive in the B classes I race in. I'm sure I'll miss the 250, but I won't miss the numb hands and sore arms and shoulders.

Rock on great green dinosaur!

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
:nod:

duke

Oct 9, 1999
I came to this conclusion about 6 months ago when I had the chance to ride a 450CRF/250CRF and a YZ250. The 250 CRF was easy to ride, but fraught with potential mechanical problems. To me the other two would require near weekly rides in order to keep my skills at such a peak where I could ride the bike comfortably and without too much exhaustion. However, life now finds me riding about once a month. The KDX is friendly and tolerant, but with enough mods to make it capable for fun romps on the track.

Jeff Sexton

~SPONSOR~
Sep 7, 2001
duke said:
The KDX is friendly and tolerant...

I think you nailed it right there! It's old fat guy friendly with just the right amount of zip when you need it.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Hey who you calling FAT ! ;)

Jeff Sexton

~SPONSOR~
Sep 7, 2001
Me! And the old part too!

Top Bottom