Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Well, I'm back from the LMC clubgrounds with a decent report. Friday I went to the Kalkaska loop on M-72 for the madain (sp) voyage on the beast. It was a blast. Since we recieved 3 inches of rain the night before, most of the whoops were filled in. :thumb: I enjoy a good section of whoops, but not as much as there was on that loop.

Saturday rolls around and Fred, Nathan, Randy, and myself ride out to Lucas road for a perfect Saturday ride. When we got back, Mr. Leathers was going to take pictures of some of the winners at Jack Pine and so I jumped in. Then we got the idea to have a wheelie contest. Everyone is busting wheelies, and oooooing and aaaaahing. So I go out there bust one out in 2nd gear, and all I remember is my feet coming off the pegs. Suposedly, I looped it out pretty good. I slammed my head good enough to make me forget what we did that day, and what day it was. I'm scraped up pretty good, but it is another lesson learned. I guess I was the Labor Day sacrifce this year.

Good thing the weekend is over.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Tommy

Did you find that Helmet visor I put on your seat Monday morning?

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Yeah, I wondered who that was. Thanks Fred.

Nothing like full sponsorship!

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Glad to hear you are feeling OK....wheelie king!

Great ride on Sunday too! The fat lip didn't seem to slow you down too much. :thumb:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by BadgerMan
Glad to hear you are feeling OK....wheelie king!

Great ride on Sunday too! The fat lip didn't seem to slow you down too much. :thumb:

Ground effects from the fat lip kept the front end sticking like glue!

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Farmer Tom: the Face Planter.

"...was it cool lookin?"

:laugh: :)

Glad to see you're OK Tom. The Katoom just had to teach you who's boss. :thumb:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Glad you had fun and survived. I can relate to your fine wheelie, @ Tomohawk I did the same thing except no fat lip. "Just got off the C loop, in a total down pour right in front of the camper on the main drag. All by my self I grabbed a whole bunch of throttle. Up came the front end. I grab third gear, and she stays up, then the rear spring releases and I miss the rear brake pedal, crap! Abandon ship, jettison the bike. I grab it off the ground real fast, still running no damage back to the camper with tail between the legs. Luckily nobody saw me!

Fly'nBrian

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 3, 2001
Bummer Tom, thats not how your surpost to break in your new bike. As you know Tom nothing good ever comes to the guy who says "Hey ya'll watch this":)

Brian

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Farmer Tom,

Everybody has done it....most won't admit it......unfortunately last year two of my back flips were witnessed by other MTRs.  The damage to the bike (and helmet) are hard to hide.

Keep the rubber side down!!

wyatt

Apr 3, 2002
PRESS RELEASE: Labor Day Freestyle event at LMC clubgrounds.

Dateline moorestown michigan.

Lansing motorcycle club held its first freestyle event labor day weekend.

The inagural event was won by the only enterant Tom "wheelie king" Dixon.

With his recent purchase of a KTM 250 Tom joined Kenny Bartram on ktms freestlye team just weeks too late to show his stuff at this summers x games.

Tom clinched the event with his now famous "Wheelie to air grab superman
arms back toe and nut dragging no hander face planter lander."

After witnessing Toms lack of respect for human life, his own welfare and mostly his new KTM members of team PTP kicked him off the team.
Fortunately for Tom his utilitarian riding skills(Enduros, hare scrambles,
and now plowing the ground) was immediately picked up by iott potato farm (his full sponsorship consits of one slightly used rear fender) and will
be a on farm tillage tool in the off-season. The letters PTP now mean PLANT THE POTATO. Tom also recently signed a lucrative contract to sell lip ointment.

Some guys get all the breaks!

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
LMFAO!!!!!!!

Thats some good stuff Greg!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Thanks Greg. I think the wheelie bar will help.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom