Langston showed Bonds who is boss.

oldschool

May 29, 2000
your right basher,

Where is the cry for justice from Bonds? He was not an innocent. where is the Cry from Pro-circut or Kawi, there was none because none was called for

Where is the outcry for Dowd? I guess it's ok to take down some one if they're riding a KTM:eek:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Bumping is one thing... paying it back is expected and fun to watch. Taking some OUT with disregard for injury is just not the way to pay back for rubbin'.

And no, I don't care what color his bike is or where he's from.

Tortelli was a little agressive in the mud, I doubt seriously he intended to slide into Dowdy or his team mate Rhino for that matter... can't recall ever seeing him ride like that before.

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
I guess it just got to me because he was so blatant about it(from my expert witness opinion anyway:silly: ) Yeh I was just an armchair official but I think they showed a pretty good shot of it a couple times. I'll be at Budds Creek and I'll tell you what if something like that happens right in front of me, I probably couldn't tell you exactly what happened cause it goes so fast when you're right there on top of it. I don't have a favorite either way , it did seem like Bonds had to try alot harder than Langston and riding on the edge. Did Bonds even race this weekend? I missed the race :(

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Sorry to venture completely off-topic but I just wanted to throw this in to see if anybody else noticed....

Did anybody hear Langston's interview after his 1st moto victory? I thought it was funny when he said something like 'Yea, I used my tear-offs too fast and ran out too soon, so I knew I had to catch the lead' (not an exact quote). I just thought that was an interesting reason to get take the lead and keep it for the rest of the race....

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
check this out horns . gas off lookin back. what is the saying? mess with bull... i love it. bonds got what was coming. you cant ride around trying hold off the world champ. i cant wait till sunday.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
KXTodd - there was no race last weekend, but Bonds apparently bruised and did not break his ribs. He raced Round #3 at Mt. Morris, the week after Hangtown, and went 8/15 for 12th overall.

oldschool

May 29, 2000
hey okie,
its kinda funny that a Honda rider is sticken up for a Honda rider... and a KTM riders doin the same. I have to bow out, since I do have my prejudices... KXtodd, hope you have fun at Budds Creek. (Hope that there will be good, clean racing, and that Grant comes out on top) :cool:

jtiger12

Feb 15, 2001
Think about this

Any of you guys who are JUSTIFYING what langston did, tell me this..

How would YOU feel if that happened to you?? some guy took you out deliberately, and tried to hurt you??

I would be PISSED!! His attack was deliberate, dangerous, and uncalled for.. I guess the immature "world champ" can't handle the reality of an american rookie up front giving him some of that same medicine... Langston is known for his agressive style..
I ran over a yamaha this past weekend that went down in a turn, and block passed two guys in turn 2.. That's racing guys..
I don't care if he meant to take him out or not..
you don't F with another rider on the face or landing of a jump.. that is NOT safe to either party... bond's should have grabbed 4th and rammed langston right in the digits!!!

cp380sx

Jan 12, 2001
The AMA would have leveled a penalty against Langston had they felt it was required. If you look at the videoand still photos, there was plenty of track between Langston, Bonds and the hay bails. When Langston looked backed, Bonds should have been looking for a retaliatory move, but instead he just held his line and got his front end taken out. Bonds screwed up.

jtiger12

Feb 15, 2001
Yeah cp..

Usually, when I am jumping a 50 ft tabletop downhill, and trying to accelerate on the downslope for another larger jump, I can also come to a complete stop in under 10 feet...

Puff, puff, give!!!!...

Sigster

Jun 16, 2000
Dirty Move!!!! Bottom line. Uncalled for!!!! What Bonds did is racing, what Langston did is outrageous. If he wanted to play dirty he could have easily brake checked him at the bottom of the hill. To take a guy out in that way should not go unpunished. Tortelli too. Dangerous moves both of them. I'll bet the AMA had a talk with both of them after their races.

You guys that say Bonds got what he deserved, have some issues. It's funny how most of you guys ride "pumpkins".

KTM520Man

Apr 27, 2001
Ok since all the pumpkin owners were mentioned I now feel compelled to respond. Was Langston's move questionable? I would say yes. Was it a dirty rotten horrible move that should have him drug out in the streets and shot like some people seem to believe? No. I watched the race and what I saw was that he was trying to block bonds. Steal his momentum there and keep Bonds from making any move in the corner. The way Bonds had been riding I am sure Langston didn't want to give him a chance to hit him in the next corner. As far as brand loyalty, yes I am glad that a KTM is doing so well. However, that doesn't mean I would support a rider I don't like. I rode yamahas before and after what Vullemien said about McGrath I didn't like him. I see this as a situation that has been blown way out of porportion.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Rocket Rex

Jtiger12, ever see Rocket Rex Staten race, I used to marshal MX in South Africa, and he came to race in the 80's, he would ride any rider who got in his way right off the track, he was wild, crazy and aggressive. It was quite a sight, he would scream and shout, his bike would be all over the place, he came to win, and win he did. Of course if he was taken out there was no sympathy for him, nor were there any complaints from Rex himself. He gave as good as he took, if not more. Brown kind of reminds me of him.

Racing ain't for sissies.

jtiger12

Feb 15, 2001
No, I have never seen rex staten... I just think alot of guys are trying to compare MX then and MX now.. it is a totally differant sport... Just like evolution changes species, so does sport change over the years, for the better.. Motocross NOW, is LESS of a lowbrowed, beer guzzling, redneck sport... If you guys want to see crashing and injury, go out there with Dual-Shocked, steel tanked bultaco's, and beat the crap out of one another, start your own leauge of MX, I am sure Vince McMahon would throw some WWF money your way..

Last edited:

cp380sx

Jan 12, 2001
Back when I was a serious racer I had my share of run ins on the track. There were a few racers who were known to be road hogs. Racers that ride from one side of the track to the other to block faster riders behind them get no respect from me. If they did it too many times they eventually found out that MX is a full contact sport. Even though I race +30 nowadays the same holds true. If you ride smart in front of me you'll get no trouble, but if you pull the kind of stuff that Bonds was pulling you'll end up on the ground. I don't think Bonds will be riding like that again, especially in front of Langston.

Cameron

oldschool

May 29, 2000
I would never insult you for something that is noexistant...okie I was triing to bow out gracefully but no... not a color thing?
Tortelli was a LITTLE agressive in the mud...
come on, a statement like that leaves me seeing red... forgive me, that would be what color your see.

Grant and Bonds were racing for the lead and the overall, had Grant gone down during any of the so called rubbing, it would have been writtenoff as just a rookie mistake. Well the rookie went down, the Worlrd champion stayed up, GET OVER IT

Your right basher, Racing ain't for sissies:think

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Are there any still shots of the incedent on the net? I missed the airing. :(

Better yet, did anyone record it?

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Still Shot

Here ya go. super rat posted this a couple of pages back.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1693225&a=13000433&p=49838033

Looked like a blatant take-out to me. I have it on tape, and while Bonds may have deserved some sort of retaliation, Langston went a little overboard.

The 125 class looks a lot like F1 this year. No quarter.:eek:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Thanks!

Kinda difficult to determine any faults from the shot. Wish I could have seen the race... Oh well... I have to take a vacation some time. :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Didn't we have this same discussion last year when the Leprechaun brake-checked Tortellini? I agree that it's a chickens*** move, but it is part of racing. Parking a guy is retaliation. I watched the race, and I thought Langston was a little out of line, but he apologized, and if what someone said about Mitch Payton understanding Langston's move is true, then everything is hunky-dory. As far as Langston being the "veteran", sure he's the 125 world champ, but he's about the same age as Bonds, so you're lookin' at a couple immature teenagers anyway.

On the Dowd-Tortelli subject, I didn't see that move, but I did see Dowdy take LaRocket outside on an uphill berm--plain old protecting your line. LaRocco did the same thing to David V last year at Vegas.

As long as you're keeping your speed up and not pulling the brake-check crap, it's all good. But even if its a dirty move, its still racing.

Go hard or go home . . .

MXRacer9

Aug 19, 2000
old school battles

i think you guys are really taking this over the edge, grants move was pure racing, no one is gonna look out for you on the track. All of you Cross-country enduro dudes can evaluate the race all you want, but unless you have been on a motocross track battling for the lead, you have no right to criticize Grants move. It was obvious Grant was getting frustrated by all of bonds' squirrely riding and he wanted to get away from him for good. Trust me, ive been in the situation. Im all for Kawasaki but i have to give it to Grant, it was a pure racing technique and it worked.

MXRacer9 :p

2001 KX85 (stock)
2001 KX85 (mod)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom