Langston showed Bonds who is boss.

will pattison

Sponsoring Member
Jul 24, 2000
well, i race off-road AND motocross. blocking, taking someones line, "riding wide", rubbing plastic and elbows - that's all part of racing. a move that you KNOW will cause another rider to take a hard digger, on the other hand, is not. that's football.

regarding tortelli and dowd, and then tortelli and windham, we can at least say that sebby was using that line most every lap. he was riding hard and aggresive, and he took a position that was clearly up for grabs. from what i've seen of tortelli on and off the track, i seriously doubt that knocking down either rider was part of his agenda.

wp.

ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
Will do you ride a rice bike? all incidents referred to are just racing, that's it, purely, simply, period.:confused:

will pattison

Sponsoring Member
Jul 24, 2000
actually i ride two of them, but i'm not sure what that has to do with anything. if you are saying that all the things i listed, including front wheel takeouts on the face of a jump, are a normal part of racing, then a.) we just have to agree to disagree, and b.) we should hope to never be on the same track together.:p

wp.

ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
don't recall specifically saying that, but based on the responses that I have read on this posting the country of origin of an individuals respective machine seems to often be a big part of how the individual views Mr. Langston's tough , no nonsense racing. By the way I would welcome your rice bikes on the same track any time. :cool:

oldschool

May 29, 2000
mxracer9,
great outlook...could not agree with you more... and from a KX rider...

will,
like mxracer said, battling for the lead midpack don't count

Tiger,
back when I raced twin schock motorcycles, You know those beer soaked orgys where racing was the last thing on our pot smoking, sex crazed minds. Just remembeer that legend were made in that era. DeCoster is still THE MAN. I have yet to see anyone matcvh the speed of Bob Hannah. Even the little red headed troll never lapped up to second place in a national. Hannah did. 1ST moto Hangtown, 1978. That was with three former national champs racing against him.
But your right about the sport evolving, the bikes are much better, the riders have evolved into the kind people that you admire, bottle watter sipping, exausted after a grueking twenty minute moto, weak minded, oh sorry but your in my line, racing to take second place type of rider. I think that pace/sfx is just as bad as the McMahons and the WWF.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
right on old school!!! bonds got what was due. mx in the 90's has become too "nice". bonds blocked grant twice, i bet he will never do it agin:p i like bonds i'm glad too see him up front but there are alot of lessons to be learned. they are not out at the local track racing the vet novice class, this is for their pay check.

scott_ktm

Feb 13, 2001
my $0.02

I ran the replay over a couple times and watched what happened. Bonds came up short on the double up the hill. He saw Grant was going to pass on the outside, so he sped straight into Grants line at the exit of the turn. I am sure this made Grant mad so after he passed him on the downhill, he slowed to show his displeasure. IMHO he did not mean to take Bonds out. He was probably mad and wanted to do the same thing back. Was it dirty? No. Was it dumb? Yes. Grant should have motored away and smoked him. That would have done more to hurt Bonds, knowing even trying to block his way to win, he could not keep up.

oldschool

May 29, 2000
Hey scott,
A 380 brother and a parrot head to boot, cool nuff,

Growwing older but not up, has always been my motto

Thanks S-rat, I like Bonds too. With a few more rides like Hangtown, he will be the man to beat. :silly:

Top Bottom