IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
They are pretty easy to do yourself... and there is a great tutorial on another site.. If you search on here, you may turn up a link to it.

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
Well my fork seals started to weep fluid and I pulled my dustseals off and sprayed all the dirt and grunk that was there with some brake clean, then took a film negative and worked all the way around the inside of the oil seal and it pulled quite a bit of gunk out and a big grain of sand. So far no leaking and im going to change out the oil this weekend.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
kx125412 said:
Well my fork seals started to weep fluid and I pulled my dustseals off and sprayed all the dirt and grunk that was there with some brake clean, then took a film negative and worked all the way around the inside of the oil seal and it pulled quite a bit of gunk out and a big grain of sand. So far no leaking and im going to change out the oil this weekend.

Sometimes that works.. Depends on the age of the seals..

When I got this bike last fall, I was sure the seals were original. There was just a slight leak in one leg, so I went for it. It only took about 45 minutes to do, and they are as good as new.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Redrodent said:
So many brands. There has to be some stinkers out there. Who make the good seals? I think I saw some as cheap as $15 ?

I have MSR seals in my bike, they seem to be holding up pretty well..

And you can't go wrong with Race Tech.

But from what I've heard, and I don't know for sure, but I've been told that OEM are usually the best.

Top Bottom