Leap Day Ride Report

pinball

Sponsoring Member
Yeah, well,you suck! We can`t ride yet.Still hungover,uh ,I mean too much snow ,yeah that`s it ,too much snow!

:laugh:

Ok, we went up and down the sand hill, Kiwi took us on a jersey-shredding trail, Tree had a father-and-son moment on a downhill, dingoe dinged his knee, and I think we all had a good time.

Ok, someone jump in with a real report. In the meantime, here are the pics.

Phelan Photos

Boodac

Subscriber
Those were some great pictures. Sounds like you guys had a great ride. I wish I could have been there.

KiwiBird

Lifetime Sponsor
Great pics Jake! It was a good day all round - good to meet new folks too.

HA HA HA.... I love the "Monster" pic.

It was nice to put some faces with screen names. Now if I can only get real names and screen names lined up. I'm already looking forward to going back and doing some more riding there sometime. The dirt was nothing short of awsome! Damp and soft with very little dust all day. Of course when your doing 5 mph through the manzanita tunnles, that didn't mater much.

All around it was a fun day of play riding with some great guys, what more can you ask for.

deano... (The Monster)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
You haven't experienced a Bundy, make your own trail, ride yet. Now THAT is the meaning of fun! Sorry I missed it, just couldn't pull it together to get there on time. Another ride is in the near future, stay tuned....

holeshot

Crazy Russian
Yup, we went ridin’ motersickles, and gosh by golly, it sure wuz fun. Ther wuz mud puddles tu splash thru and everthin’. An I’m gonna have even more fun nex tam (you no wut we do tu feller’s on yella bikes)

Hyuck, hyuck.

Great pics Jake. It was a fun day of riding. Once Tree Jr. got his new motocycle going we took off thru the brush. Some of those bushes tried to knock me off the bike.

After lunch at the Mt. Top Cafe we started to follow Eel on some trails. Tree Jr. was looking a little tired trying to stay on top of his new ride, so we headed back to trucks. We look around and theres Jr. riding and jumping his new ride. I think he was just tired of those billy goat trails.

Eric, Jake and I did one more loop. I was going as fast as I could to try and keep up with those two. The only reason I could keep up was that they did not know the way back.

We need Placelast to go on theses rides. He does the best ride reviews.

bclapham

Lifetime Sponsor
well, well....

i went to race this weekend, and after 10 mins of practise had burnt out my clutch- i rode the second practise on someone elses bike and crashed so after that i called it a day!

sounds like you guys had fun, good to hear dingoe getting out to meet the clan and holeshot back out riding.

sorry i missed the ride, i promise i will be out on the trails at some point, ive just got two bikes to fix now!!!

Guys thanks for the ride. Sorry I missed out on the rest of the day. Looks like I'm going to the Doctors Tues. and with any luck will have an MRI ordered soon. My knee swelled bad last night and based on info from others, it looks like I did a number on the ACL. My buddy has had both knees worked on and he check me out this morning and it's not good. So it's time to see the doctor.

Hope to make it next time and you can bet (funds providing), I'll have knee braces.

Jake, Photos look good, thanks for shooting.

dingoe said:
Looks like I'm going to the Doctors Tues. and with any luck will have an MRI ordered soon... looks like I did a number on the ACL.
Bummer dingoe, sounds much worse than when I hurt mine. I straped a soft brace on and limped around for a few months. I'm giving some serious thought to investing in some good riding knee braces also.

Hope all goes well with the doctor, we'll pray that it's just a sprain!

deano...

Thanks everyone, for turning me on to a new riding place. I don't think we could of asked for better weather or soil conditions,although I can't remember the last time I actually had mud and not just dust on my bike.Dingoe,all you need is half a roll of duct tape on that knee and you'll be riding again.