nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Hope it's not on TV and I'm missing it. :o

Unbelievable, as we speak RC is in 8th in the first 125 moto, but he's making lap times 3 seconds faster than everyone . :scream:

Langston's in first, with Brownie on his rear fender.

Man, technology is great!:)

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Yeah! Use it and love it. After a first lap crash, RC comes back from 33rd to 3rd! Laps about 2 seconds faster than Brown and Langston, and 4-5 seconds faster than Ramsey, Fonseca and Thain.

RC may not win the overall, but he is clearly the fastest 125 rider.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
It's funny how the excitement follows Carmichael. I have no interest in the 250 class today for obvious reasons. I can't believe he's still that fast on a 125!

Since I can't see it, can anyone tell us what sort of 125 he's on? Whatever he's on, it must be pretty trick to run 2-3 seconds faster than Langston and Brownie. Hats off to Team Green for making him a great 125 in that short length of time. I don't think he's going to see that kind of support from Honda, although I guess it's possible.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
RC is riding a Pro Circuit KX 125 very similar to the one he last rode in 1999. He is using works Kayaba suspension as opposed to the rest of team Pro Circuit who uses works Showa suspension.

As for the live net coverage I usually run the audio and also read the Virtual Grandstand on Cycle News at the same time.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Spokes?

Headline: "KTM mechanic takes own life after forgetting to tighten spokes.." :scream:

How terrible is that. :(

Although I'm glad for Brownie. :) Here we go again, Kawasaki 125/250 1,1. Yep, those Kawi's sure are JUNK compared to Honda and Yamaha. :silly:

(Sorry, had to throw that in for MXA's benefit)

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
That was AWESOME! Congrats to Kawasaki - they got everything they wanted.

Of course there will be controversy due to Brown pulling over to finish 1-3 and giving RC the overall, but RC was clearly the top rider of the day, and many would flame Brown if he didn't pull over. AMAZING RACE!

I don't know if you can blame Langston's mechanic - the track was getting rough and busting wheels just happens sometime at those kinds of speeds.

Last edited:
Top Bottom