Looking for advice regarding possible KTm purchase

odonnks

Jan 19, 2002
I'm looking for advice regarding the purchase of a new KTM LC4 640.
I got out of the street bike only thing a few years ago and purchased a Sux DR350 S dual sport. I love the bike but when traveling between ride sites via road or highway it just doesn't have enough on the road. In the woods its great.
I'm considering the LC4 640 because the 600 +cc range is the next step up and the KTM's published weight is only 5 lbs over my current DR350. On top of that, KTM seems to be head and shoulders in fromt of the Japanese big cc dual sports.
Can anyone tell me what the "comfortable" highway cruzing speed is, and if ther are any drawbacks to the purchase for the use as a woods and commuter bike.

Thank you
Kevin O

rollingp

Oct 31, 2001
Call MIDWEST KTM in VALPO IN> ask for jerry.
He is aracer and the owner of the shop. He can give you any info you need

219-531-4770

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
The LC4 640 is a great dual sport machine, yet slim and trim enough to perform well in the dirt. There will be plenty of power, and more power can be found by simply changing out the silencer. IMO, you're looking at the best D/S bike money can buy.

jw380

Jan 27, 2001
I had a 97 620 dual sport and it was OK in the woods and real good on the street.It weighed alot but had good power.Those new 640 dual sports are tanks in my opinion.With all the new light bikes coming out,I wouldn't sell yourself short.The Husaberg 650 comes in mind as a best of both worlds kind of bike.I don't know if they are still making dual sports but it could be made legal real easy.Good luck.

ktm300mxczz

Mod Ban
Oct 17, 2000
lc4

**** bike ktm cant sell them giving dealer 1500 bucks off brand new 01s call tnt cycle hell sell one for 5000 3157366201 tell him gabe sent you:mad:

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Ya know,..if you guys took a minute to read the original post, the guy is looking for a street bike that he can ride in the dirt,... not a dirt bike that he can ride on the street. Geeze,..whats the sense, the guy probaly wont respond anyhow!!:think

Top Bottom