KX2fitty

Mar 30, 2004
The weather is great right now and I was thinking of getting a little Los Padres mountain trail ride going...

We could do a couple loops so people without oversize tanks can refuel, chill pace... not too fast but not too slow either.

Stage out of Sterling Campground in Hungry Valley and ride into LPNF from Tejon Trail.

Anyone interested? :p

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Sounds like a good ride, but I'm headed out to Lucerne for the last District 37 enduro of 05

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I would love to join you but I'm in the same boat as Mr. Enduro there ... :p

KX2fitty

Mar 30, 2004
Man, I really need to start racing dist.37, so many of my riding friends don't play ride as much because they race and when I've gone out to the race weekends it has been a blast. When I get a 450 in the next year that will be the last straw!

Have a great race this weekend guys and keep your chin off the dirt!

We should try and plan a Los Padres ride day sometime soon y'all, any suggestions?

KX2fitty

Mar 30, 2004
Oh and for anyone else interested, me and cdagne will be riding Los Padres this Saturday, should be doing a couple good loops, maybe we'll hit Piru Creek if anyone is up for it, Snowy too.

Probably ride from about 9:30 to 3:00ish.

Come on up and join us!

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I would absolutely love to do a Los Padres group ride ! Just not sure when I have the time right now ... by the way, you guys need to come out and ride with us next Sunday:

December 11th ... start time is 9 AM on Sunday

TWMC Outing - 1st annual Santa's Last Chance Enduro, at the Slash-X Café (near Barstow). Shannon and Jennifer Smith, and company.

Directions:

Take I-15 north to Barstow (58 miles). Take a right on Barstow Road (also HWY 247), go about 10 miles out of town (toward Lucerne Valley), the Slash-X Café is on your right. You can't miss it, it's the only thing of substance between Barstow and Lucerne Valley. TWMC will be camped behind the Café.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
This knucklehead is also going to the enduro.

Come on out to the TWMC club rides, definatly fun.

HBRider

Jan 29, 2005
KX2fitty said:
When I get a 450 in the next year that will be the last straw!
QUOTE]Hey bud whats shakin, its been a while. Yeah that 450 looks like a smoking bike. I heard Destry is gonna race her in the next WORCS and H&H series.So let me know if you are up for some dez riding down the line.
Rob

KX2fitty

Mar 30, 2004
Hey HB Rob, so when do you want to do some real desert riding, not that place El Mirage you seem to be so fond of. Let's go ride Mojave sometime soon.

When I mentioned the 450 I was not referring to any particular bike, just that I know my next will be a 450. No need for anything heavier and bigger and anything less would not be for me either. I was just looking at the new KX 450 and it looks sweet, actually the frame is almost exactly like a CRF but they all look rather similiar these days. One thing I must have on the next bike is a headlight and if I was to buy now I would most likely go with the WR 450.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
KX2fitty said:
One thing I must have on the next bike is a headlight and if I was to buy now I would most likely go with the WR 450.

The new Honda CRFX has a light and is green sticker legal. Other than the changes to the jetting and pipe to make it green sticker legal, its a nice bike. If memory serves me right, the WR isnt green sticker legal yet. Just something to think about.

taksx

Oct 7, 2004
Boodac said:
The new Honda CRFX has a light and is green sticker legal. Other than the changes to the jetting and pipe to make it green sticker legal, its a nice bike. If memory serves me right, the WR isnt green sticker legal yet. Just something to think about.

I ride a 2005 WR450...Green sticker legal :cool:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
The bike looks pretty neat with the dual pipes but Ive heard that you dont get a lot of bang for your buck by having two pipes.

Top Bottom