endomatic

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
I'M thinking about getting a hydraulic clutch for my cr250.Does anyone have info on how well they work? Is it worth the money?I'm tired of adjusting my clutch!

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
My KTM comes stock with a hydraulic clutch and I love it, I wouldn't have anything else. I let some of my buddies ride my bike today and they are Honda & Kawasaki riders, they loved my clutch.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
I have a Hebo hydraulic clutch on my CR500 and it works excellent. It is one of the best mods I have ever done to a bike.

I will probably always have one on any bike I own.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Click on the e-rider link to the left. They have the best price on the Hebo kit. Sure they are a KTM based bunch but the kit is universal. I have been using one on my bike and currently am doing a writeup on it. The bottom line is it works very well, has lighter action than the Magura and uses DOT fluid.:)

sm219

Nov 9, 2001
Coming off of a RM 125, I was looking for a light clutch pull on my YZ 250F. I added a magura hydraulic clutch and WOW! It made a huge difference. Much easier pull and it never fades in the heat of battle. You can make the clutch pull even easier by ordering Enduro Engineering lever and the pull is reduced by even more (I think 40%). They are for KTM's but it will fit.

Sean

gawoodsrider

May 13, 2001
Hey endomatic,
I installed the Magura unit on my 00 cr250 last March and so far its the best thing that I've done to that bike. I've ridden about 6 enduros and harescrambles since then along with lots of trail ridding and I haven't had to do anything to it. I read some posts earlier about people having problems with them but I couldn't be happier with mine. I rode a KTM before the CR and got used to never having to adjust for a hot clutch--and the CR's do heat up. I have heard that the Hebo units have an easier pull but I think the mag. unit is fine. Good luck.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I love the stock Hebo unit on my GasGas, it uses regular DOT 4 brake fluid unlike the Magura which uses some sort of strange mineral oil. The clutch pull is extremely light. Also I think the Hebo responds better than the Magura does, the clutch feels less grabby to me. Maybe it's just my opinion, take it for what it's worth :)

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I've got a 1996 YZ125, will the hebo unit fit on my bike?

Top Bottom