Manchester 2/1/03

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Hey guys we're putting together a ride for Manchester,SC on Sat.(2/1). Ocechap, Herkeng41, Honda Pilot, Bruce, KxBeastrider ya'll interested? I know Stumpy and Ivan went last weekend, but all of ya'll that went last weekend are welcome to hang w/us. Let me know.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Sorry, wrong weekend for it.  They are having the Sumter Enduro that weekend and will be using both the MX track area and the trails.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
of course................ :silly: Figures.......well sorry guys cancel that thanks for the heads up Gomer. :thumb:

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
Sorry, wrong weekend for it.  They are having the Sumter Enduro that weekend and will be using both the MX track area and the trails.
If memory serves me Linus called and was told that the trails would only be closed on Sunday.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by linusb
I checked with Johnny, trails are open up until the days of the actual Enduro.
Directions
I'll verify that it'll be open on Saturday and post back here. :thumb:

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Yeah please let us know Bscottr. We've got a back-up if all else fails, but I'd rather head out to Manchester.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Mack,
Is David coming? I'm trying to get everyone rounded up for commitments. I was informed this evening that I had a prior engagement unbeknownst to me. (Serving pop corn at a basketball game.) However, I’m working that now.
Hopefully Mark, David, Barrett and Stump will make it. I can't remember if Ivan said he is on call next weekend. Gomer I think has soccer tourneys.

Know anyone looking for a '99 KX250? Barrett wants to sell/trade his for a 125. Did David sell his yet?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I'm on call so no riding. I'm just gonna stay at the house and chip some wood and do some bike maintenance as long as I don't get a page that something is wrong.

Ivan

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
A mile or two before the target range (on the left), there is a gravel road on the right with a sign for Manchester State Forest HQ or Ranger's Station or ???

Anyway, follow that gravel road about a mile to a "house" that has a drop box and envelopes where you can pay your $5 and keep the stub for when/if the ranger comes down to check.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
I just got off the phone with the Manchester office, the lady there says the trails will be open on Saturday. Now if I can just get this other deal taken care of (pop corn :flame: ) I'll be riding.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
You guys have fun (sniff, sniff)!

Bryan: I found that going stiffer 4 clicks on the compression for the front and softer 4 clicks on the compression for the rear made my bike handle better at Manchester. They groomed the trails so it was softer, deeper sand than it usually is.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
:yeehaw: Alright we're back in buisness. Bscottr,Mack Reed ya'll interested in meeting up some where at the track? Ocechap I guess we got Plan A back in order. I'll drop ya an email. Anymore interested? Honda Pilot, Bruce, Beastrider, Herkeng41?
(thanks for the info Gomer, wish you could make it. :whiner: whoop some @#$ at the tornament)

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
For all interested for meeting purposes I ride a CRF #111 and will be accompanied by a fella on an 02'XR650R, and my fiance on a grey/red atv.

Mack Reed

Oct 24, 2001
bscottr
David is going to be there with his farther & son. He is going to keep both his bikes now. we are goin to try to be there early.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
This is looking good. :thumb: Mack, how early?

Weather is looking good (mid 60s), rain on and off for the next couple of days which will be great for the trails.

So far it's me, Stumpy, possibly Mark, maybe Barrett and I still need to talk to Davidco. Most likely everyone is in.

Jamesgang sounds good!

Bikes to look for: KX250 (#626, me), YZ125 (no #, Davidco), KX250 (#22, Barrett), WR400 (#418, Stumpy), KTM 250MXC (#248, Mark), KX250 (#?, Mack), YZ250 (#?, David).

Trucks: GMC 1500 (blue) w/open trailer, Dodge Dekota (blue) w/Black enclosed trailer. Mack what will you guys be driving? Others?

Gomer, there is a moratorium on soccer this weekend…..only riding! ;) Ivan, Manchester has pager coverage. You guys need to make this one. :thumb:

I look forward to meeting you guys.

Last edited:

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Bscottr we'll be driving a blue and tan chevy tahoe w/ a black enclosed trailer. Bikes will be as stated above. What do ya'll say we meet at the mx track around 12ish?

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Bryan,
I'm not sure if you've ever been there, but the parking area is right at the entrance to the trails and track. If you make it to the parking area (instead of parking along the driveway), we'll be within 50 yards of each other.

I hope to have a few loops in by noon as I'm not out of the woods yet on this 3 p.m. commitment. :ugg:

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Parking lot works to Scott :confused: Your right I haven't been there yet. Hope you can get out of the popcorn, I'd like to get in a couple of loops w/ya'll. Although I wouldn't want you in trouble w/ the wife either.......could end up bad :uh: I'll see if we can get there any earlier, I'm not sure though as its a decent hike for us to Manchester.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
OK, if you guys are going to keep rubbing it in that you're riding this weekend and I'm not, I'll just have to close this thread down! :flame: 

(and you KNOW it ain't nuthin fer me to close a man's thread!)

Y'all have fun.  There is a chance that, if their teams gets eliminated early, that we might ride at Turkey Creek on the way home Sunday.  I doubt it, though, they have been playing really well, lately.

Mack Reed

Oct 24, 2001
bscottr
The Jamesgange is david and his family. (David's # 52) (Josh #267) and Dave's dad (walter#706) all on yamahas. I will be #8on the kawie.
We hope to be there by 8 or 9ish. I will be driving the red ram with the black inclosed trailer. Looking forward to seeing all.

Gomer you need to come play. You and me need to make some new movies. (we will have to climb the pine trees. no hills to jump down there. lol )

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Mack/David,
Sounds good. All on Yamahas? :| Sea of blue again. :) I'm going to talk to everyone today to our arrival time pinned down.

ocechap

~SPONSOR~
Sep 12, 2002
Looks like I'll be there White Expedition with a KX 500 with no numbers. Big fat boy riding it. LOL, er trying to ride it, or possibly it riding me. Just depends!
Bryan, can we get a convoy going down. I will be ready to leave anytime and I can just meet you at the Carowinds exit 90 (I-77 , SC) whenever you want. Anybody else too!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…