flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
No doubt I will do all my trash talking w/Jim beside me, LOL. :laugh: Although a very nice fellow. Glad you liked my sig. Scott. It took a great deal of pride swallowing to post that, but you busted me....... :uh: Mack told me you weren't felling well and retired early.......and I was just felling good about being able to keep up w/you. That crew is no doubt fast, after this weekend I realized I'm no where near as good a shape as I thought I was. We(Ocechap, Madmark and myself) had no prob. being the sweepers though. Dave had a blast as well even though his ride was cut short(He's just decided to start listening to that voice of reason in his head a little more often now is all). No doubt we'll all have to get together again soon. Maybe I'll be in a little better shape to hang w/ ya'll by then. ;) Thanks again to all. It truely is worth every penny of the subscription for this place. Its really cool all the friends you meet here.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Yea it took him for a trip. The front end pushed out in the corner and he just couldn't lean his shoulder far enough outta the way of danger. It was a soft wood, but apparently not soft enough;) He's feeling better now though.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by flynbryan
It was a soft wood, but apparently not soft enough;) He's feeling better now though.
I never could tell much difference between a pine and oak tree when striking them at speed. :)

Glad he's doing OK. :thumb:

ocechap

~SPONSOR~
Sep 12, 2002
Well the way I figured I could keep up with you guys was put some bark busters on the bike and a steel front fender and just go through the trees instead of trying to do all that dicing between them with that big fat 500, and my skinny little butt, lol! Not so sure that will work but I'll probably end up doing it whether I want to or not if I try to keep up with you guys!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Jim...I ended up adding compression damping to the front and softening the rear to handle better out there, but it really depends on what the bike is doing.

Stumpy...did you get yours handling better? What did you do?

Bryan...did you get an address where we can send our condolences to the tree? (If I had a choice between running into a tree or Dave, I think I take the tree...at least I know it wouldn't chase me down afterwards)

Scott...using that "I feel icky" excuse, again? :p Is Mark as fast as Mack? If so, I'll race him on two conditions: 1, I get a 10 minute head start, and 2, I get to work on his bike before the race. :o

So...where are the pictures? Did y'all ride the track at all? Anybody ride the enduro Sunday?

Mack Reed

Oct 24, 2001
Bryan
Was that a 650? I thought it was a 400. No wounder that thing was soo hard to pick up. lol Hope Dave gets better soon. We need to do it again. I had a great time.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
Scott...using that "I feel icky" excuse, again?
Yep...and I'm sticking to it. :moon:

Is Mark as fast as Mack?
Don't know, I only saw them when they stopped to regroup (seemed like they were well rested when we got there), after they crashed (only saw that once), and in the pits.
If so, I'll race him on two conditions: 1, I get a 10 minute head start, and 2, I get to work on his bike before the race. :o
1. You better hope it's a very short trail to the finish. ;)
2. Equalizer! :thumb:

Bryan couldn't get the springs on his CRF to compress as much as yours. Go figure. :think:

Last edited:

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
No, no street address for the tree Gomer, but if you ride that trail again its easy enough to see. Its the one leaned over holding its side;) Dave is a pretty impressive fellow. I would have been whining like a girl and rolling around in the sand. :whiner: Its a good thing Jim was there, cause I have yet to get that big red beast to start for me on a consistent basis. Yes Mack, that is indeed a 650(289lbs. of big red beast)! I don't know how he does it. It feels like a desert sled and Jim I give you lots of credit as well. That was definately fun. Even though we didn't see ya'll after about 4-5 corners it was still a good time.

Last edited:

ocechap

~SPONSOR~
Sep 12, 2002
4 or 5 turns. Just to let you know, by the time I let out the clutch and looked where I was going you fellas were gone. Later in the day Mark and Bryan were waiting for me at different spots. By the time I got there they had their helmets and shirts off tanning trying to get an early start on the summer!!!

LOL :worship:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom