bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by ocechap
KX 500
:scream:

:)

Ocechap,
Mack and Jamesgang are coming from the Charlotte area as well. You guys may all want to hook up.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Sounds good Ocechap. CRAP!! I was supposed to call you last night on where to meet.............. :uh: sorry. I'll get w/Dave today on what time to meet ya. Just read a 1/3 of the ride report(to long to read it all at work) I can't wait!! :laugh: Especially w/ the rain today and yesterday, its gonna ROCK!!!! :laugh:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Mack, I'd love to come but there will be too many Dave's there. Last count had them at 4+!

No, seriously, Ricky has a soccer tournament in Augusta all weekend. Somebody bring a camera and get some pictures that we can post at the post offic, er, I mean here on DRN.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Alright guys just got done talking to Dave. Looks like we can meet up at Ext.90 on 77 at 9am. It will take approx. an hr. to get there from that point. I would say we'd get there sooner, but I'll have a hard enough time getting my fiance up that early as it is :think: How's that work for you guys? Ocechap, Mack, Jamesgang? Just let me know guys.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Bryan,
I just hung up with Mack, he's leaving early. Prolly get to manchester around 8ish or so. No big deal, get there when you can. :thumb:

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Sounds good Scott. Geez just got done reading the ride report. Sounds like ya'll had a very eventfull weekend. I'm gonna have to trade off laps w/ya'll and riding some laps w/ my fiance as well,(four wheelers just dont go as fast as my CRF ;) ) We should get there around 10.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by flynbryan
Geez just got done reading the ride report. Sounds like ya'll had a very eventfull weekend.
Most fun I've had on a bike (and off) in a while. Hopefully we can have another this weekend. Wish the Gome and Ivan could make it again. MAN THAT WAS FUN! Sorry flashbacks. ;)

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
I'm gonna try to talk my future mother inlaw into letting me borrow the digital camera to take some pics so we can post them this weekend. Yea I wish they could make it out too. We had a blast w/ Gomer at TNT.

Stumpy

May 31, 2002
Originally posted by bscottr

Most fun I've had on a bike (and off) in a while. Hopefully we can have another this weekend. Wish the Gome and Ivan could make it again. MAN THAT WAS FUN! Sorry flashbacks. ;)

You're thinking about Gomer's meat again, aren't you....

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by Stumpy
You're thinking about Gomer's meat again, aren't you....
Yup....never seen anyone with that much meat in thier mouth, 'cept Linda whatshername, starts with a L? :confused:

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Guys I've been leaving out an obvious question I should ask........are the trails wide enough for atv's? My fiance wants to come, but I guess can't if the trails aren't wide enough. Need to know asap. Thanks.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by flynbryan
are the trails wide enough for atv's?
Yes...but they only allow ATVs on the trails from 6 to 6. That's p.m. to a.m. :thumb:

j/k :laugh:

Bring her on. :)

Mack Reed

Oct 24, 2001
Flynbryan
Like Scott said, I hpoe to be there by 9. If anything changes I will let you know.
I will bring my digital camera as well. we should have good fun

MadMark

Nov 3, 2000
Hey guys,
Sound like a plan. I'll see how the schedule goes if I'll meet you at #90 or down there. I've been dying to try this place and it should be good with the rain. I'll be in a white F-150, YZ250 #439 with a big tank. Where at @ exit 90?

Mark

ocechap

~SPONSOR~
Sep 12, 2002
Mark and Bryan, probably the easiest thing to do is exit at 90 and then go straight through the light and park in the KFC parking lot. It's pretty decent sized and probably won't be too busy at that time.

Bryan, I'll call you on the cell in the morning to let you know if I'm going to meet you guys down the road further.

Jim

goc305

Nov 2, 2002
so is the staging area open tomorrow, or is it just the trails that will be closed for sunday?

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Found out today that all trails will be open tomorrow. You'll be upon the enduro riders/racers if you ride the 8 mile trail.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Thanks for the good time guys, it was a blast. Of course the rest of the DRN crew blew us away, but ocechap,mad mark, and myself had a great time going at a BLISTERING pace for ourselves......ok, we were just staying alive:) It was a good time though and thanks to all that came. Ocechap, Mark we need to hook up again definately, and of course anyone that would like to join is always welcome.

ocechap

~SPONSOR~
Sep 12, 2002
Guys, I had a blast. It was great meeting some of you guys, too bad I couldn't hang with you but a rookies gotta start somewhere I guess. MadMark and FlynBryan helped me with my handlebars so I don't feel like I'm standing on my head when I stand up now. Man what a difference that made. I might actually keep the KX 500 now. I guess that is part of the fun, learning and helping rookies out. I hope I can return the favor sometime! The sand is definitely a different animal and my shoulders and back feel somewhat different this morning, figure that! One thing is for sure, bark busters will be ordered by the end of the day. Geez, all I could think was "watch that tree, watch that tree, watch that tree!" Oh yeah and, "where did my front end go" Every turn it seemed to have a good chance of disappearing. LOL. I kinda sorta figured it out a little near the end. I'm gonna post something on the suspension about setup, but do you guys change your compression for the soft sand like that? It did make for some soft landings that I took though.

Thanks for the fun!

MadMark

Nov 3, 2000
Yeah guys I had a blast. I hope Dave's shoulder is OK. I feel a little sore today. I went mountain biking to try to loosen up a bit. That sand is fun! Hope we can do it again soon. I'll get my clutch in this week. Takl to you soon.
Mark

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
LOL….those 2 strokes are a lot of fun Bryan! I like the signature line. :thumb:

DRNers making the show:

Flynbryan
Dave (screen name?)
Ocechap
MadMark
Mack Reed
The James Gang (Including David, Josh and Walter)
Stumpy
Mark S. (screen name?)
and me.

I probably shouldn’t have been riding as bad as I felt and unfortunately I couldn’t hang with you guys very long. My concentration was so bad all I could do was foot drag through all the corners, hoping not to hit the trees. I felt so bad that I didn’t even make the Basketball games that afternoon.

The way it worked out was cool, having nearly all of Manchester to ourselves. The biggest kick for me was when you asked me about Mark. “Is he fast?” Yep, he’s fast! Bryan was telling me he thought he was keeping Mark at bay for a couple of miles. After a while Mark decided it was time to go and passed Bryan in some fairly tight stuff on the back wheel. :)

David, Mack and Josh are also very fast. :scream:

We need to do this again and hopefully I’ll be able to ride some. Ivan and Gomer, we need to schedule another ride soon, these guys are a great group.

It was great meeting and riding with you guys. :yeehaw:

BTW: If we ever get into a "throwdown" I want Ocechap on my side! :yeehaw:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…