March 17 ride at Paragon (near Hazleton PA)

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
I am really excited about Sunday but, I'm also a little nervous. Not riding for so long I'm a beginner again. Are there any other beginners going or will you guys take it easy on me. I don't have the fancy riding gear, just a helmet gloves and boots. I have been thinking about this for days. Hope the weather isn't real bad. If I don't chicken out I'll see everyone Sunday.:scream:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by Dapper
... Not riding for so long I'm a beginner again. Are there any other beginners going or will you guys take it easy on me....
I feel like a beginner at the begining of every season...and all through the season:scream:

What size pants do you wear? I have an extra pair of 34 Thor pants and XL jersey. I'll bring them with me.

See ya there. The weather looks like it might be good:)

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
So far the weather is holding out, supposed to be around 46 and partly cloudy, no rain.

DAPPER: You cant possibly crash as much as I do but I can guarantee you dont crash as WELL as I do!!( I have references!) Just go, you wont regret it! I also have an extra jersey if you need it! Try WAL MART, they are only 15 bucks! I would definetely recommend goggles though!

PAPAKEITH: I thought you died! Havent posted in a while . Did you forget about us? Are you coming in? I put on 27 pounds since last year and I need an EATING buddy!!:confused:

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Hey Dapper,

Don't chicken out, you'll be missing out on a great time. I just started riding offroad again last August after 20 years off. Might as well have never ridden at all. A lot of times I'm the last out of 6 or 7 of us, and it's never an issue. It won't be at Paragon either. I've taken others out for their first time and waiting is never an issue. The guy in front of you will look back every so often and make sure you're still with it, and will wait until he sees you. It's your responsibility to make sure you ride at a speed you are comfortable and safe with. Give yourself some time to condition. It's not the point to keep up, it's to come home in one piece.

Another point, I've never met any of these DRN'ers, but it appears they are a bunch of knife weilding, Ax murdering bike theives. I can almost hear the banjo playing now. Would'nt you rather have them in front of you instead of behind you? (no offense intended folks)

I've used industrial safety goggles in a pinch, they fit and are cheap. Stop by wal-mart, they shouldn't be more than 5 bucks or so.

So I guess you got the new bike, Congratulations!!! and good luck with it. I don't know if you already mentioned it or not. what model is it?

PS: looks like mid to high 30's and cloudy with no rain on Sunday as of right now.

See You Sunday.

Joe Chief

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Chief, you forgot about the zip-tie carrying DRN crowd!! They are evil! Especially around tents with zippers.:p

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Thanks for the pep talk guys, but I have to go because of all the talk I did at work. I wear glasses so the goggle thing is no big deal and I have an extra pair.
RM_Guy thanks for the offer but like PK said where do I put my other leg. I'm not worried about looking good I just worried about looking stupid.
Chief Thanks for asking. I have a 2002 KDX220 with .5 miles on it.
I'll be there:ugg:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Dapper,I wouldn't worry too much about looking stupid. If it's anything like the other gatherings,there will be plenty of "looking stupid" to go around!:) :think Wait, I was riding a submarine at the first one. I think it was triggers turn at EBMX. Just don't follow OffRoadWarrior onto any unmarked trails!:p

27 pounds! What are you trying to do? Become an official member of the Papakeith fan club?!;)

It doesn't look too good for this trip :whiner:.
But I should be ready to go by the time the next one rolls along.
Lori, roost RM_guy for me, will ya? And, try to get a picture of Trigger doing his FMX tricks

Silverback

Jan 4, 2002
Dapper, you settled it for me, I,m going!:cool:
I got new boiler flues installed,the coal tender is painted, I,m ready!:scream:
If we just remember to not ride over our heads and that we bleed a lot and heal real slow it'll be fine!:eek:
What we don't have in technique, we will make up for with age and treachery!!:p

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by Silverback
...What we don't have in technique, we will make up for with age and treachery!!:p
The problem with that is we are all old and treacherous :p

Has anyone heard from Silver Bullet? Wayne, have you seen him? I assume his hand healed up from Modena

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by Papakeith
Just don't follow OffRoadWarrior onto any unmarked trails!
That was me you followed in the morning. :p
ORW led the afternoon ride... the one you missed. :confused: Of course we missed your swimming lesson. :whiner: :moon:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by WoodsRider

That was me you followed in the morning. :p
ORW led the afternoon ride... the one you missed. :confused: Of course we missed your swimming lesson. :whiner: :moon:
Yeah. Good thing neither of you will be there:debil:

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
LOL

Originally posted by Trigger1911
Chief, you forgot about the zip-tie carrying DRN crowd!! They are evil! Especially around tents with zippers.:p

Sounds like a particularly versatile weapon er, item to have on hand. Especially for the kickstarter/ spoke-swingarm regions.

Note to Self: bring diagonal cutters, never set them down, practice operation with hands, feet... :)

I like PapaKeith's take on stupid: I don't think I look much less stupid than last year, but I feel a whole lot more comfortable with it.:o

Joe Chief

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
PapaKeith: You will be missed but looking forward to the next ride already!

The weather forecast is 54degrees and partly cloudy. Looking good!

Is it the 17th yet?

weekendtoy

Jun 2, 2001
Lets hope the weather system stalls big time.Fridays forecast is 65-70 degrees!Sat-50's and Sun is calling for 20's to start out and hi's in the low 40's.Wayneo will be hitching a ride with me and a bud who just bought a new 520EXC.Trigger where you gettin 54 degrees from?I like your forecast better.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Originally posted by Chief
I can almost hear the banjo playing now. Would'nt you rather have them in front of you instead of behind you?

<Pig voice on>
EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
<Pig voice off>

Hey Trigger, any "bars" in the area?

flyinzuki

Jan 27, 2001
Dapper:
I'm bringing two new guys, one just bought a new KDX 200
this will be his 2nd ride.
The other is a quad-convert, this will be his first 2 wheel ride.

Is any one bringing youngsters?
My 14 year old brother wants to come, TTR-125.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by flyinzuki
...Is any one bringing youngsters?
My 14 year old brother wants to come, TTR-125.
Wiemedog was talking about coming and bringing his son. I haven't been able to get a hold of him so I'm not sure if he is really coming or not.

Walt, Ya out there bud???:cool:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
BTW, Here's the bike to look for if you're going to try and roost me.

Note the nice shiny new graphics. :cool:

Attachments

• new graphics 1.jpg
    new graphics 1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 107

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Go to weather.com and type in Hazletons zip code-18201.

Sunday is 47 for the high and 17 for the low.

I typed in my own zip code the first time, sorry!:whiner:

Is it the 17th yet?

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
Dave, I plan on dragging either my old Husky or a new VOR down. My kid is doing the Lacrosse thing and thinks he will be too beat up by Sunday. He's fighting a pulled ham string right now.

Drop an email. :)

( If I can get help push starting my White Bomber...I'd really like to take it. LOL)
( My ankle has taken a turn for the worse and I can't kick start it anymore..my kids now call me" teter toter" and "timber" after they push me over! LOL kids...can't live without them!):)

Last edited:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Well, the weather gods seem to be smiling on Sunday. Dave has decided it's probably a good idea to get some riding in before our first enduro of the year (on the 24th!). So, we'll be out in the garage on Saturday madly trying to get two running bikes put together. I guess my tires and wheel bearings will just have to hold out for another week or so! :eek:

Hope to see everyone there. We'll probably try to catch you at the Exxon (or whichever) gas station.

Yup, better keep those pictures around, RM_Guy. You won't recognize it after we get done with it! :p

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom