fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
On May 4th the Lansing Motorcycle Club will be sponsoring our first hare scrambles (called the Jack Rabbit).    The location will be 5 miles south of Kalkaska on M 66 (or 20 miles north of Lake City).

The schedule of events will be the quads at 8:30 (do not worry..they will NOT be in the woods);  50cc at 9:00;  60cc, 80cc and Women at 10:00; the afternoon race will begin at 12:30.  There will be a riders meeting before each race.

The track will be over 5 miles long.  Most of you know that LMC sponsors the Jack Pine enduro.  I can assure you that there WILL be some genuine WOODs sections.  Bring the bark busters!!!

I wanted to advertise this event, but I also wanted to get an idea of how many DRNers were planning to attend.  ALSO, if you were planning to race, spectate or help LMC put on this event.  YES, I do realize that this event is the same weekend of the Rites of Spring.  We are using private property and had little choice in the weekend.

Let me know if you have any questions or if you plan to attend.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Don't plan on missing it, just 2-1/2 miles from home! YEE-HA
Don

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
I could push my bike to it!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAH!!!!! With the weather right now we should be able to start setting it up.

wyatt

Apr 3, 2002
After last nights snow I think we should change the name from "Jackrabbit"

to "Snowshoe Hare". Brad and I are working on the course tommorow

Is it normal to lay-out a Hare-Scramble on a Ski-Doo? Please advise.

GI

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
At this time, the club would prefer to use the term - postponed.  The best way to explain it is "government red tape" from the local township.  We are hoping to reschedule for later in the year if we can find an open weekend.  More details to follow as they become available.

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
What happened is the township said we didn't need any permits to run the race. So we just left it at that. Well, earlier this week one of the guys working on the track talked to the county board and said you need a land use permit, which is issued in June. So we'll see what pans out. :(

tripdog7

Oct 3, 2002
Hey Mr. Hiller, I notice you live kinda sorta near me. If you ever do any day trips and need a riding partner, let me know. I'd like to shoot upnorth some Saturday morning, ride 100 miles or so, then come back late afternoon. I worked with you and Phil at Saturn in Troy. I can load 2 or 3 bikes in my F-250.... dying to get the new KDX200 up there but nobody to ride with.

Last edited:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
tripdog7 - I live in White Lake, about 30 minutes east of Pontiac. We'll have to hook up and ride this season.

** EDIT **

Can't PM or e-mail you, so...

Keep on eye on this forum for upcoming rides, or post here if looking to set a ride up. Rites of Spring May 2nd-4th up in Whisky Creek is next on my list. Check it out.

Last edited:

tripdog7

Oct 3, 2002
Thanks Smit, I'd love to meet some new riding buddies. I'm not exactly a superstar rider, probably mid-C level on a good day... but I always have a blast anyways.

tripdog7

Oct 3, 2002
Yep, Tech Center in Warren. I get paid to draw pictures of cars all day... not a bad gig. I think Yamaha or KTM or someone should open an engineering office in Detroit.. I'd even do test rides if they asked!

Hiller

May 22, 2001
Tripdog, Smit-dog, this is Hiller-dog... what are your e-mail addresses?
I now live in Pontiac, so I'm actually closer to Smit.
Yes, lets definately do some trips this summer. I'm open to "one-dayers" as well as weekends. My e-mail is mike.hiller@colaik.com, I don't see my gm address much anymore...e-mail me and we can hook up. I am planning on riding April 18 & 19 in Lewiston, if you're interested.

PS, I miss those Saturn days. They truly WERE a different kind of car company.

Last edited:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Tripdog,
I just got back from spending a weekend in Miami with the GM mucky mucks. I've been able to land Supplier of the year 3 times out.

PM me where your seat is in Warren, I'm there often, Engineering North/South and purchasing in the Cadillac and Chevrolet Buildings.

tripdog7

Oct 3, 2002
My email is tripdog7@yahoo.com

I'm trying to get my house in order to sell it, plus final exams are in 3 weeks... so cannot ride the next few weeks. I just bought 22 acres in northern Macomb county... going to make my own hare scramble course through the woods!

I'm in the new Tower at GM MWEISSEN, the 8 story building off Van Dyke.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Tripdog, you be sure to let us know if you need help breaking in the new trail on your hare scrambles track.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by tripdog7
... I just bought 22 acres in northern Macomb county... going to make my own hare scramble course through the woods!
That's very cool Tripdog! Is this the place where you are going to build a house? Whereabouts in Macomb? I used to live at 21 & Schoenherr (before Lakeside was built), and then again at 25 & Jewell (Lake Arrowhead). There was a ton of vacant land north of 25 mile.

tripdog7

Oct 3, 2002
Yep, going to build my cabin in the sky, buy a tractor, some horses... the typical farmboy stuff. That area is growing too fast, 25 mile is full of new subdivisions now. A motocross track/scramble area around here would be a goldmine.

Top Bottom