nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Alright, there's something different about all you gals out there and your estrogen-embalmed brains (not a slam--testosterone is actually a neurotoxin ;) ). This came to me just now as I talked to my nurse who missed work yesterday after having a small car wreck and suffering some neck pain.

So,...what's the deal? Deal is, women seem to tolerate certain types of pain well..men others. While I have gone down hard about every time I've been out on the bike these days, and come to work with multilayer skin debridements, bruises, and probably broken bones...I KNOW I couldn't tolerate 2 hours at work if I was having a PERIOD. :scream: If I have even a headache, I can't do it. Any kind of chronic, dull pain--fahhgettaboutit'. A toothache? No way. A broken neck? Yes. Finger dangling off? No problem. Constipation? No way.

Women? Show 'em blood & they'll run. My own nurse won't even take a shot. :think: You get the point.

I haven't contributed absolute garbage to these forums of late, so there ya' go. :silly:

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
how true how true!

I can scrub my own wounds with soap and scrubbrush I have set my own broken fingers but please stop the world and let me off if I have the flu.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Women have about a 5 year longer life expectancy than men. And after seeing what they go through once a month, let alone giving birth, I'll give up 5 years off the tail end of my life to not have to go through THAT!

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by nephron

Women? Show 'em blood & they'll run.

Tisk tisk doc. Generalizations such as this might hurt my feelers. :) Blood? Bring it! I've met a few men who lose their lunch at just the mention of blood so don't go saying it's only women. ;) It's not a hormone thing, it's a psychological thing. Some people can handle the sight of their own blood and some can't. It has nothing to do with what sex they are. :cool:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Men break bones - they get used to it.

Women get headaches from listening to men talk about their broken bones - they get used to it.

Over a few thousand generations it gets set in the gene code.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Diane--I think it's fair to say you're an exception . :laugh:

After all, you also like Jack Daniels. ;)

Nonetheless, my post was tongue-in-cheek, kinda hokey-jokey. The generalization effect was supposed to be humorous--guess I failed... :uh:

4EverOrange

~SPONSOR~
Mar 9, 2003
You know, I was thinking this EXACT thing when my recpetionist called in late on MOnday because she went riding on Sunday and her muscles were sore. It's amazing to me. She knows that I have come limping in on several occassions, from riding soreness. Geesh!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
As the old saying goes...
I won't mess with anyone that can bleed for a week and still walk.

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
The variation I was thinking of but was afraid to write is:

Never trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die.

Thanks for being the first bad guy.

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
Lol, this guy I work with must be a woman: hates shots, cringes at blood, can't stand any pain and always leaves work early because of it :laugh:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by nephron
Diane--I think it's fair to say you're an exception.

After all, you also like Jack Daniels.

Nonetheless, my post was tongue-in-cheek, kinda hokey-jokey. The generalization effect was supposed to be humorous--guess I failed...

I got your tongue in cheek right here doc... :moon: :) (Yes, I was laughing as I read your post) You're still on my list of cool kats so no worries. As for the Jack, if you're at DW this year then you and I can crack open a new bottle together. ;)

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
I've got a variation on this. I have little problem dealing with my own injuries, but show me your bloody sliver or dangling digit and I need to look away. :eek: :o

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
Ohh! Dangling digit = broken finger. Just so there's no misunderstandings. :laugh:

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
Originally posted by Highbeam
[BNever trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die. [/B]

Here's one representing all the ladies, NEVER TRUST ANYTHING THAT HAS 2 HEADS AND IS STILL CONSIDERED NORMAL!!!! :D

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by Gary B.
Ohh! Dangling digit = broken finger. Just so there's no misunderstandings. :laugh:

Thanks, that was funny ;)

Okay, I have to say I think Neph is right on this one.  I was trying to remember the things that keep me from work in the past and they all have to do with physical injury and broken hearts (counts as a physical injury because I coulda swore there was a knife sticking out of my chest). 

Although some women are the exception to the rule, I find it extrememly difficult to concentrate when I'm physically hurt.  Whereas, I can hunker down and get to business with the right mental attitude when I need to deal with headaches, mental pain, and the like.  I can push that kind of pain aside and stay focused with no problem.  I also find that I have little patience for dealing with other peoples issues when I am in that mode as I become devoid of all feelings for humanity when I need to get in that mode.  So sorry! :confused:

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Jammed fingers, sprained ankles, bruised ribs..... never stopped me from playing/working or anything else. The bruised ribs slowed me down for a couple days. When I finally went to the doc the day after I fell (damn stairs) he determined that I was in shock and suggested I not go back to work that day, but I was back to work the next day and back in the gym by the end of the week. I never missed a vball game from an ankle or finger, that's what Tylenol & tape are for.

But, take a blood sample or a simple eye exam and I better be laying down or close to the floor. Poor eye doctor about freaked when I passed out while he was shining the little light into my eye to see if it was affected by a previous allergic reaction that had made it swell shut.

Then the monthly thing - like one of the stickers on my bike says "PMS, allows a woman to act once a month like a man".

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
My wife's got me convinced it's 25 days on 5 days off. :eek:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Big Hint:

Quart of chocolate milk in fridge = 3 days

1/2 gallon of chocolate milk in fridge = 5 days

Gallon of chocolate milk in fridge = Leave town for 2 weeks!

Top Bottom