Deity

Nov 8, 2000
Did any of you KC guys show up at Merwin this weekend (Sat.)
to ride? Me and a buddy went for the first time and had a BLAST!..that track is awsome compared to Knobby Hill in St Joe. Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone on here was down there last saturday.

kc-husky

~SPONSOR~
Dec 31, 2000
I rode out at S&S cycle park, out in WY county Friday afternoon. I have been wanting to ride the Knobhill track. Been to Merwin countless times one of my favorite places to ride. But I'm curies what don't you like about Knobhill?

Deity

Nov 8, 2000
Knobbihill

Well...They just dont take very good care of the track.....
Even some of the more exp. racers say the track is pretty dangerous....I have to agree...the jumps are very abrupt...not too forgiving if you know what I mean....you either make it or you crash. With a little TLC and some toning down it would be a much better place to ride...and race. Just my opionion.

B

biglou

Hey Aaron. I was there. That is my favorite place to ride locally. Good trails also. Did you see the two CRF450R's? Pretty sweet! I gotta tell you , though, Merwin is pretty rough compared to how well-groomed a track can be. It is a very forgiving track, however. Shoot me an Email if you are heading that way again. Jamie (Thunder 33) and I are racing there this Sunday, the 21st. 250 Beginner class. Maybe we'll see ya there.:)

Deity

Nov 8, 2000
Racing?

Well I tell you what...It took me a little while to get the guts up just to jump the double....I dont think im gonna be racing any time soon:) I did see the CRF450s....they are pretty cool....I have to admitt Im still getting used to the idea of 4 stroke race bikes...

I think I might have seen you there...I remember seeing a KTM. Were you guys parked by the road?....me and a buddy were there....I was on the only Black CR-250 there by a black durango.

We will definatly give you a call next time we go down.....looks like it might be in 2 weeks...

peace

Top Bottom