D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
I've been more or less out of the sport for 5 years, after racing nearly every weekend. Back then, my favorite tires were the Michelin MS11s, the hot ticket for N. Calif. enduro and XC. They wore like iron, hooked up everywhere, not just soft terrain, didn't chunk knobs in rocks or hardpack, and just generally kicked @ss. (Drawbacks were initial expense and dificulty in getting them on and off rims.) Now I see they are gone. Is the S12 the successor? I see a lot of people on DRN seem to run the M12(?). Back when the MS11s were the hot ticket, people hated their medium-terrain tire.

FWIW, I run Metzeler HD tubes on a CR250 and KDX200.

texmx_brian

Jun 28, 2002
s-12 is one of my favorite rear tires. A couple years ago, a motocross magazing did an Intermediate tire shoot out. They tested Michelin's S12 soft terrain tire by mistake against the other Intermediate tires of the other tire companies. Wouldn't you know, the soft terrain s12 beat all the other tires and won the shoot out. That is when I first heard of and started using this awesome tire.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Personally, I love the S12 rear but I am not very confident with the S12 front in dry/hardpack conditions.

I find that the S12 rear chunks a bit on hard/rocky terrain, but still hooks up awesome for a very long duration.

Kiddyextreme

Feb 5, 2001
Limitless, I have the D756 front and S12 rear. That combination seems to work great for me in all conditions. Not sure if you will get the same results the other way around.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I also run the 756 rear and S12 in front. When I bought my bike from an AA racer, that is what he was running, and I like it so much I keep putting the same back on. I might try the 756 front/S12 rear next time.

knobby hob

Apr 7, 2002
I`ve went to the s-12 on the back after using Dunlop 739`s and Bridgestone M78`s. Michelin seems to be way better.Although the knobs are chunking from the rock riding,it is still hooking up better than either of the other tires that I`ve tried.My next switch will be from the Dunlop 756 up front to the Michelin M-12.

Top Bottom