MadEarthWorm

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2003
I'm going on my first ride Sunday and I don't have boots. Can anyone recommend a quality mid-range boot with good ankle support that isn't super rigid? What are the good boot brands? I know Alpine Stars are good. What about Oneal/Fox/SIDI (I got some great SIDIs for mountain biking) etc?

Also do boots run pretty close to size? I'm a 10.5 but all my Nike basketball shoes are 11 or 11.5 whereas my disco/church shoes (kidding) are all 10.5 or 10

Thanks a lot!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
No personal experience here but I know 6 kids who got the new Stewart replica boots this year and 5 of them sent them back due to the boots falling apart very quickly. I think in the end Fox made good for them all but it was a fair bit of hassle.

gumby1

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2002
I would recommend the Sidi Raptor. It is a very nice mid-priced boot. The Vortex is very good also, but more money.

maco

Apr 16, 2003
If your riding trails you should try on the tech 4s by Alpine.There around 175 bucks and break in fast.If your riding tracks they might not be enough support

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I've been real happy with my ARC Corona's, they are no where near mid price at $80, but hey they work for me, plus they have a real sole that won't put you on your back the first time you have to get off your bike on the trail!

MadEarthWorm

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2003
Thanks for the help. I like the adjustability factor of the Vortex boots so far. They also accomodate knee braces pretty well. I'll be riding on a track so the the Tech 6 boots look good too. I got some good leads so far, thanks again. I wish I could try em on my roachstompers b4 I buy though.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Look at O'Neal Hardwears/Diadora Rainbows. Same boot, made by Diadora.

But I just saw Bob's Cycle has Tech 6's on sale for $169. That's a dang good deal.

Why not head to a local shop to try a few pairs on? I think fit is more important than price. The O'Neals just fit me well. It's not about what brand or model. Your feet will thank you!

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I bought some of the ARC boots myself. They really are a midrange boot, but no fancy logos to boost up the price. Mine are holding up very well.

They are twice the boot of the O Neal elements.  My elements fell apart almost instantly.  My YZ frame also ate a hole in the sides of the boot.

MadEarthWorm

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2003
Thanks for the feedback guys; I ended up with the Tech 6 boots. I had checked them out already but the sale at Bob's sealed the deal. They feel great on my feet so far!

Top Bottom