Mike Andrews Track Charlotte, NC

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Well, I did it. Mike Andrews practice track is the most advanced track I've ever ridden on. The track has many different types and styles of doubles/camelbacks to ride on. I think Mike Andrews has done a good job of making the track so that the fast guys can clear the obstacle going fast but the slower guys can come up short and not get slammed for the most part. I slammed myself on a small double because I was getting lazy, but I would say that this track is pretty safe. I don't want to hit them, but he has tires wrapped around any trees that get too close. Mike also mixes wood chips into the soil to give it a more consistent feel throughout the day. I went with "The Honda Pilot" from here on DRN who has been there before. He is a much better rider than I and was able to give me some good pointers around the track. The field of riders that were there was more towards the upper end on the skill level chart if you asked me. There were these two little kids on RM80s that were fast as lightning! Drives me nuts! They were able to jump every obstacle on the track, every time! Me, I hooted and hollered when I did the "Barn double" for the first time. HP looked around to see why I was hollering. One little double I was doing I came up short on and bottomed out my front end and everything else when I landed. I hit my helmet on the bars and hit my jaw back, ouch! I'm glad my helmet had good coverage. Then I came up and finished off my "graceful landing" with an all out tank slapper! BOY am I glad they make these safety seats! I didn't actually crash to the ground, but with that, I sidelined myself for about 10 minutes. The track was extremely nice and I was impressed by the condition of it. Mike Andrews does a good job of clearing out the track for the mini riders although some of the more ambitious ones slip through and make it in on the tail end of the practice for the bigger riders. Those things are REALLY small, but when they all come out, they have the track to themselves. HP and I left after about 3 hours. Excellent track overall. I can't wait until it gets opened up for the 2002 season officially.

MikeT :cool:

Last edited:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Up off Poplar tent road

Feb 25, 2001
Its located right out of charlotte a few miles from Lowe's Motorspeedway its off of Poplar tent road on (goodman rd.) Its a great GREAT track. Mike T did really good he suprised me . We need to get some other suthen' racers up there for a gathering.

Top Bottom