stu182

~SPONSOR~
Dec 11, 1999
OK.
Just got my motor back again and now after a 3 hr ride the gear oil is completely white and pasty. Is the the water pump seal . and if so do i need to tear the motor down to replace it? Bike ran great but..
Help..

------------------
stu182
93 KDX 250
www.250kdx.homestead.com

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
are you losing water from your cooling system? if not then I might say it was water already in the case and then you just added oil to it, any chance that you might have sucked water in the breather tube?

------------------
Jeff-
'84 Can-Am ASE 250 (brutally fast rat bike)
'93 Kawasaki KDX200 (big bore kit, A-Loop suspension, FMF pipe)

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Just the side cover has to come off to do the waterpump seal. Check the brg hasn't too much slop in it either, all pretty cheap stuff. Just take your time & don't force the cover back on. Check out that welcome to Kawasaki page http://www.buykawasaki.com
to see what you need.

------------------

stu182

~SPONSOR~
Dec 11, 1999
Yes it is losing water. Thanks dave thats what i wanted to know i was pretty sure you didnt need to tear down motor. Just wanted to make sure. Yes i do have a manual but prefer to have it explained by fellow "been there done that " members ;)
Thanks guys

BTW. SMB
Do you like rough i mean rough trails? Me and ed found some awsome trails alot of it is logg skidder trails up and down hills alot of big fallen trees, Man i had a blast.
Its right in athens. the old city dump.

------------------
stu182
93 KDX 250
www.250kdx.homestead.com

[This message has been edited by stu182 (edited 04-19-2001).]

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
:p
rough trails are good, ever been up the staircase trail out in richland?
Hey when you get your motor issues resolved get ahold of me somehow and we'll find an area to get together at. I usually ride richland every weekend, have a nice parking area out by the buggy camp, my friend's grandpa owns that cabin out along the road out there too.

------------------
Jeff-
'84 Can-Am ASE 250 (brutally fast rat bike)
'93 Kawasaki KDX200 (big bore kit, A-Loop suspension, FMF pipe)

Top Bottom