steve talley

Sponsoring Member
Oct 17, 2002
Every thing gets stated about 8:00am the earlier you there the better (better parking getting signed up)this will be the last race this season so a good turn out is expected.There will be a new talant out there this guy is 15 years old has rode mx for maybe a month. He has a natural talant that has made us all sick. He will be on the #5 honda running the 250D class.And not to forget "Nikki" will be coming south to make her mill creek debut. Look for us there we will have our loved by drn flag.

RMairtime

Jan 12, 2001
Thanks Steve,
I will be there nice and early, sounds like leaving the house around 5 in the morning will put me there at 7:30.
I've ridden the track now twice, I think I am ready. I guess I'll run the 250D class. I'm going to try and park in the same area behind the starting gate.
Looking forward to meeting alot of new people, Nikki for sure :)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I'm there.... dude! :yeehaw:

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Did somebody say slugfest???? :aj:
And one of these too! :yeehaw:

wrench

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Supposed to rain in Birmingham all day tomorrow (according to all-knowing weather.com :silly: )... just incase the Saturday race gets cancelled... Monster Mountain in Tallassee (sp?) has practice Saturday (and Sunday) from 9-5. Not supposed to rain there all weekend. :)

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Weather:

Friday - 60% chance of rain in Pell City, Alabama  Hi: 50

Saturday - only 10% chance of rain, partly cloudy, Hi: 53

I've never been out there, but from the pics and video, the track looked kinda sandy/loamy.  I would predict that a chance of a rain out would be low.

RMairtime

Jan 12, 2001
Well if it does rain it out Saturday at Pell City, I'm game for Monster Mountain if anyone else is. I haven't been there in over a year and love the track.

steve talley

Sponsoring Member
Oct 17, 2002
Timr its pell city the school playgrounds dont have sand haha it good old hard red dirt they might delay the race til sunday but the track prep is 2nd to none.there will be no one that could say any different . When the huricane came thru a couple of months ago it dumped all the rain in central Al. we still raced that weekend lets keep our fingers crossed and with some luck maybe this will come together as a great weekend and this damn flu bug will leave me and will bring sunny skys.

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
I really doubt that it will be rained out. In fact rain on Friday will make the track better. There will be a few corners that are muddy and one line but in general the track is better with water on it. If it's completely dry the track is really dusty and slick (no sand on this track).

RMairtime - If you want to drive up on Friday and stay at my place that's fine. I think that Wrench is driving over Friday night. Send me an email [email protected]

My plan will be to get you guys drunk so that you're hungover for the 250 slugfest :thumb:

RMairtime

Jan 12, 2001
Lemming, thanks for the invite but I'm going to be staying with a "friend" over there, she has a better smile :) than you anyway, maybe next time.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
UPDATE - SCHEDULE CHANGE AT MILL CREEK!

Race has been moved to Sunday. Here's the info on their site:

"Race Will be MOVED to Sunday Dec. 15. Mother Nature looks like she is going to water the track for us, so an extra day of drying and prep are needed. Sorry for the inconvience, but hope to see you SUNDAY."

So... if its cool with JP... hopefully we'll hit up Monster Mountain on Saturday for some open riding. I have heard a lot of cool stuff about that track. Open riding there 9-5 on Saturday.

Weather.com updates:

Pell City (Mill Creek):

Fri - 47/36 - 90% rain
Sat - 48/30 - 10% rain
Sun - 55/33 - 0% rain

Tallassee (Monster Mountain):

Fri - 51/38 - 80% AM rain
Sat - 49/33 - 0% rain
Sun - 56/34 - 0% rain

SpokerAce

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 2000
Since I wasn't planning on racing, keep this updated where the riding will be on Saturday. Had planned to come out Sunday for play riding but I'll make it Saturday.

Monster Mountain works out well as I can make it a 2fer and maybe visit some friends of mine out that way.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I just talked to JP... I think Lemming kidnapped him or something (again) :confused:

Sounds like we're gonna take a ride down to Monster Mountain on Saturday as long as they don't get rained out for practice. So hope to see some of you there!

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by nikki
I just talked to JP... I think Lemming kidnapped him or something (again) :confused:

LOL ... It's LIZZZARD TIME! :yeehaw:

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
What's wrong with a little lounge lizarding? Actually he kidnapped me, he said one or two drinks after work, well so why am I late for work and have a nasty hangover :think:

I'm still trying to decide my plans for this weekend. I'd like to ride both days but may have to take a quick trip to GA to visit my Dad (he has been moved to a stroke rehab facility, so he's at least out of the hospital).

RMairtime

Jan 12, 2001
I'm still game for both days. Monster Mountain will be a blast. What time is everyone going to heading out, or showing up there? I'm free all weekend so just let me know.

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Vince call me. I only have the number that you called me from last night and I need to get in touch with you.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
:thumb:

What an awesome weekend! Saturday we went down to Monster Mountain. After a few days of rain, the tracks were pretty dang muddy... Lemming and I were the only two crazy enough to go out and get dirty. Not only that... it was COLD and WINDY! Go figure :silly: Lemming came away with a broken chain and I escaped with a broken brake lever, handguard, and grip. JP, Wrench, and RMairtime all came ready to ride but made the wise choice to wait until Sunday. JP did rip up the place on his XR50 though :) We did get to hear cool stories about Bubba tearing up MM a few weeks back so that was pretty cool.

The weather was perfect on Sunday (sunny and 60's) and the whole crew spent the day at Mill Creek. JP, Lemming, RMairtime, Wrench, and I had fun racing and Steve Talley and Timr came out to provide moral support. Track was muddy in practice but a lot of fun during the races. I even came home with a trophy with SANTA on it... how cool is that?

It was a blast meeting everyone!! I will post up some photos from the weekend tonight. I have a sweet video, too... but nowhere to host it. Anyone got room for a 1.3 MB video for a few days? :)

BIG THANKS to JP for being a gracious host!! :worship:

steve talley

Sponsoring Member
Oct 17, 2002
It was nice of you to come down and spend a little time with us.Sorry i was under the weather and didn,t get to stay longer. And by the way (nice holeshot) Hope the pictures where ok! Next time hope the weather is better both days there is alot of good places to ride when dry. You are always welcome to come back!!!!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000

YZF01

Nov 20, 2002
Hey Nikki I made it down Sunday. I meet M3 but only saw you on the track. I raced the 125C class finished 7 first moto and went down first lap in second moto and ended up 11in that moto for 9 overall my # was 430. Anyways left before 2nd 125D moto but did see your holeshot in the first. M3 was in your class #19 and his brother #145 both on F's

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom