Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Well, I just got back from the HS. All I have to say is that the track was realy rough. It felt like I was riding this-> :ride: I wasn't going to go because my parts hadn't come in, but my great neighbor let me ride his WR250F. I was railing on it pretty good. Although, he has his suspension set up for him, and he weighs about 160lbs, and I don't, so it was a bit rough one the large whoops. But, the ice cream shop on the way home was the icing on the cake. Let's just say the scenery (ladies working in the shop) was MUCH better than the ice cream. :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
The Dead Cow was a great race! I had a great time, the weather was near perfect, course was challenging, not just three hours of moto and my bike worked flawlessly! How could a Sunday afternoon get any better than that?

Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
It was a good track. REALLY rough making me look at a 200exc for next year instead of a kx250 for the soft suspension. I finished 3rd again in the W class. i was in 2nd but i fell off on of the bridges when i almost ran into the back of someone bc they slowed down too much too fast and it was either hit him or drop off the bridge and i droped and lost 2nd by like 26 seconds. took me at least a minute to get my bike outta the ditch too. I like it, baught a cool shirt for 5 bucks, and got a cool plaque.

ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
213 that's great!

We had 17 in the S class, it amazes me that there are so many "old guys" racing, ran 4th for awhile, stopped to fuel, dropped to 5th and ended up 5th. Had a great time though! I don't think you would regret buying the 200 EXC. My training partner took 1st in the V class yesterday, he rides a KX250, he has been riding my bike on the practice course we run, it is about 3.5 miles long, pretty tight single track. The first time he jumped on my bike he ran a lap that was 40 seconds faster than what he had just ran on his KX. All the way home he was talking about how much faster he would've been on orange at WTR. Now if I was only 1/2 as good as the bike I ride.............

Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
well the way i see it it's either, soft suspension lower class and lower power or, fast, mx suspension, higher class.

Only thing i can't decide is i REALLY would liek to stay green, but i don't want a kdx 200. THough i love my dads, i just want something a little more race ready out of the box. So i was looking at a kx250. 125 not as strong down low, and 250f not sure about starting with the dead engine starts, plus i prefer 2-stroke power. But i really want the 200exc, but i dk how it'll do on mx tracks. I still like to head up to big air or another mx track on an off-weekend or during hte week.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Tyler
KTM 200 SX :yikes:

Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
yeathe 200sx is a great possibility. But i heard something that they are gonna stop making them, and if they arn't gonna make them much longer parts will be hard to find, wouldn't they.

ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
I had not heard that. I have not ever had a hard time finding KTM parts....call Brian at Lansing Cycle he will give you the low down.

Superbike373

Apr 11, 2004
I had a decent first lap was pushing for 3rd in V clas and got a handlebar in the back trying to pass. The guy just could not hold a line and got me. Crashed messed up my back missed 2 days of work. What a bummer. That track was just awesome. The woods were awesome! You could drag a bar then wheelie out of the corners in spots!
KTM 033 your buddy is fast! he beat Ryan Presley (SP?) Ryan makes the top ten regularly. I need to ride with you guys to make me faster! I just hope I can pull a top 5 in v this year. My 2 riding buddies were just in front of you in 3rd and 4th in S class (Bob&Tom).

ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
They are definitely fast, I was running 4th til I fueled at about the two hour mark, the guy that took fourth and I were running together when I fueled, I don't think he had to gas based on his lap times.
Radzicki is fast he was running first until about the 2 1/2 hour mark at Portland and then Presley passed him, he ended up 2nd and was running 2nd at BC when his Kaw blew up. You are right though it was an awesome course....not really looking forward to the rock farm on the 20th!

Superbike373

Apr 11, 2004
we will have to hook up! It will be a good time. I will run vet class. I have a RM 250 I hope to pull a top 5. It was cool to se W/T put on a good race. I thought is stunk last year. I am looking forward to next weekend. Sorry to hear about his bike a B/C that really sucks. I am slow on my replies as I my computer is down. Bob (4th) has a stock tank on a YZ 250f he stops once at 1.5 hour mark. Sounds like you are right about our speed. ---Mike

Top Bottom