wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I like this tool pack but on a recent ride through a zig-zagging trail with a lot of water bars it somehow come out of its mounting straps. I made it to the top of the hill when someone said "you lose something back there?" I looked at my rear fender and found that the buckles were still buckled but the pack was gone. Luckily my buddy was right behind me and saw it come off and retrieved it.
I really like how this pack is made so you can take it off the bike so easily for repairs. But, now I gotta figure out a better way to secure it, I had the buckles as tight as I could get them. I think I might try using a heavy-duty safety pin through the strap and into the bag to keep the straps from sliding. Or maybe use some velcro, I've got a couple 50' rolls of that stuff.

Attachments

• moosefenderbag.jpg
    moosefenderbag.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 143

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
from the strap setup it seems kinda unlikely that it should come loose...

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
from the strap setup it seems kinda unlikely that it should come loose...

That's what I thought!

I'm gonna try repacking my tools so all the bigger items are on the sides, making kind of a valley for the strap to sit in.

Try this link: www.Dirt-Bike-Gear.com It will solve your problems.

Yeah.... I almost bought that bag.... But, I like the Moose 'cuz of the lower profile and it was in my local bike shop

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom