mike_h

Nov 9, 2000
Do any of you have the Moose M-1 knee guards? If so, what do you think of them? Would you recommend them for trail riding? How thick is the knee pad area?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I've got them. They (for me anyway) took a bit to get used to. I got them because I wanted to get my boot to close and the knee/shin guards I had prevented that.
I've had them for the summer now and they get a thumbs up from me!:)
  • The upper straps are wide enough to wrap around my gargantuan thighs easily.
  • lots of padding on the side and top of the knee
  • Doesn't seem to "walk" around my leg much( stays put)
  • The lower strap seemed kinda flimsy but once the guard is tucked into your boot it doesn't really do much anyway.
  • I've taken multiple hits on the knees since I've had them and I can still walk!
:)
All in all, I'm very pleased with them.

biker

Sep 22, 2000
HRP's are another knee guard that you might consider. They look similar to the Moose and they also have straps that are wide and long enough to fit comfortably.

desertman

Sep 23, 2000
IMHO. Moose knee pads are comfortable, not too hot and very well padded. My pants and boots keep them in place so they don't move around, with or without the strap wrapped around my leg. They seem to offer very good impact protection. I have the older design, white plastic with no holes in the plastic panels. After reading the Asterisk knee brace review I feel less than fully protected.

Top Bottom