awilson40

Apr 13, 2001
are there any techniques besides simply pulling up that give more distance?.

im asking this mainly for smaller jumps (like a 3 foot high mound w/ about a 10-15 foot gap about what gear should i hit it.)

its really really steep and when i try it this weekend i home not to case the otherside and send my bike into the ankle deep water =]

wish me luck!
ps: this is wilson's son& its a 95 kx 125
thanks in advance for all help!

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Probably 2nd gear or maybe 3rd. Good luck and don't get hurt. Keep your weight centered and stay fluid as you jump.
As for more distance, it is really hard, so I will just tell you to go faster. It requires a good set of reflexes, good timing, and a good demontration of how to do it.

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
Well if there isnt enough speed to just launch yourself then you could do a technic. called a seat bounce. It is really hard to master, because you have to compress the forks into the jump and as you leave the face of it you want to stand up! This will send you farther with less speed and vice versa. But with this you front end tends to always drop out on you so you want to make shure your prepaired and have that throttle going. Best of luck:p

n1wrc

May 20, 2001
You aught to try bouncing down on the suspension and fanning the clutch just before you hit the kicker. This is different than a 'seat-bounce', but its based on similar theories. It will give you more height, but it will suck some distance, so like others have allready mentioned- try hitting it a gear higher, and you'll be fine :-)
Best of luck

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
MRKracing, I just returned from a gary semics riding course, and unless he is wrong, that is not the way you seat bounce a jump. you sit(obviously), stay fairly centered on the bike, keep a steady throttle as you go up the face, and at the top go BBRRAAPPP(hard throttle hit). This keeps the front from diving and you can lean back some too when you hit the gas at the top. At really slow speeds, you may need to use some creative clutch timing in conjuction with the throttle blip at the top of the jump to get the same height.

BullDog KX125

Mar 9, 2001
one more thing...

your supposed to cut the throttle at the peak of the peak of the jump, right?
i mean just as the back tire is leaving.
i've been doing that on another short steep jump at the local sandpit it seems to be working.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I don't usually chop the throttle until I'm already in the air, that way I know I have gotton drive all the way up the face of the jump.

As far as getting more distance, you'll probably just want to hit the jump with higher RPMs and more throttle. There are jumps that I can easily make in 2nd "on the pipe" that I can't in 3rd because the power isn't up there enough to launch the bike adequately.

Be careful with short, steep jumps as those tend to kick the back end violently when you hit them hard. Normally, I need to hit them hard on the gas, with a tight grip, and be prepared to pull back hard on the bars. if you can, jump the jump on one side or the other where you can miss the landing and work up to getting enough speed, power, and distance.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I really don't want to talk about bikes swimming. ;)

Hey, Greenville...I know it's a ride, but any chance of making the Shelby, NC race Saturday night?

BullDog KX125

Mar 9, 2001
naw =[
i go to work from 6-2 both saturday and sunday =[
then im going straight to the sand pits from work, and ride till i cant see.

sides, im not good enough on jumps to fully enjoy a track.

have you ever ridden at blackjack motocross?
i plan on chillin there a many o weekends this summer :p

Top Bottom