Brady346x

Mar 17, 2004
Hey,I was'nt sure where to post this,oh well im a newbie lol.Here's my question,I was riding my 96cr125 pretty hard and it started to act like it was running out of fuel and it eventually died and the back tire locked up,so I tried to kick it and it would'nt turn over,so i got it home and put some mixed gas down the sparkplug hole and it started to turn over again but its really hard to kick i can get it started for a few seconds and it will make a loud knocking sound and then it will die,so i took the motor apart and found out that the power valves arent moving,and the rod that comes out of the crankcase that connects to the power valve doesnt go up and down anymore,but i can push it manually up and down.And even after i took the head off the motor,its still really hard to kick over?????Did I break any bearings?The motor needed a rebuild pretty bad before this happened.Any ideas of what this could be,I hope i made some sense out of this,sorry so long,thanks Brady

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Brady.

Sounds like you may have seized either the piston or crank or both. Not the news that you wanted to hear.

You might as well start pulling it apart. If the piston is ok, check your connecting rod. After the cylinder is removed, rotate the crank so that the rod is facing straight up. Grab the connecting rod and try to move it up and down. If you feel any movement or clicking up and down, your big end bearing is most likely toast.

Brady346x

Mar 17, 2004
Thanks Ol'89r for the info.I was afraid of something like that,the last time i had it apart there was a little play in the connecting rod where it goes on to the crank,I could move it side to side a little bit and up and down a little.Oh well a lesson learned.

Top Bottom