larchitect07

Apr 16, 2007
I will be moving away from my longtime home of Oklahoma City at the end of May to Dallas to start my new career. I am looking for places to ride and people that would like to have a new person join their group. I am an Intermediate class equivalent in the OCCRA series. Not scary fast, but not slow either. I like to ride with everyone. I ride everywhere as long as its not motorcross, not for me. I look forward to hearing from anyone and everyone!

Thanks,
Dean
dean.wilson@okstate.edu

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
What's wrong with MX? ;)

Welcome to the metro area and I'm sure you'll find a bunch of North Texas Tree Smack Packers to hang with (an abundant though slightly dain bramaged species of NTSP members). :boss:

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
Plenty of woods riders down here to hang with, and plenty of racing series to keep you busy (TORO, TORN, TCCRA, TSCEC, etc.)

Most of us ride at Red River Motorcycle Trails (also referred to as Muenster). Crossbar Ranch in OK is gaining popularity as well.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I'll be headed up to Muenster this Sunday!

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
im hoping to make it up there sunday myself. if so, ill be looking for ya

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I wound up going to Bells instead....
Did I miss anything? I *think* Maxxim (sp?) was having their anual group ride at Muenster this weekend....

-=jeffd

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
TwinSpar said:
What's wrong with MX? ;)

Welcome to the metro area and I'm sure you'll find a bunch of North Texas Tree Smack Packers to hang with (an abundant though slightly dain bramaged species of NTSP members). :boss:

Nothin really, as long as you ride!

Welcome to the Metromess and to the NTSP.

As others have said there are a bunch of trail hounds here, so you should never have to look far for some fun.

What part of the mess are you moving to?

larchitect07

Apr 16, 2007
I will be moving to the addison area, north tollway and Keller springs rd. to be a little more exact. I will be there about the middle of may. I've been frantically getting in my last few weeks of riding in here in Stillwater preparing for this Weekends OCCRA race.
FYI. OCCRA race this sunday, Wellston, OK. Sooner State Cycle Park. check out www.occra.com for details. We'd love to see you all there.

TxCr250

Aug 24, 2006
Welcome to the NTSP and btw you're not too far from me, I live in Addison (tollway and beltline) and like 90% of the people here I usually ride Red River and a few other places. Good group of people here and I don't think you have any trouble finding people to ride with.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
Oh Jeffro I saw something that left me speechless. It goes something like this.....

We are blazing down the last bit of trail that goes along the creek and we are almost to the river itself when we run into a little traffic. One, two, four, fourwheelers going at a good clip. They all have bubba helmets on (Dale Jr hats on backwards) and then there is the fifth quad coming out of the dust and there is this lady squinting as she has no goggles/helmet and is riding with one hand on the controls. Guess what she was holding with her other hand? No. It wasnt a beer. It was an infant!!! Thrown over her shoulder with her free hand. This baby (not toddler) was so small it was in a one piece sleeping outfit. Then quad seven and eight are more girls with no helmets...they all did have shoes though. hehe. I figured if a herd of idiots approved, then I was going to have a hard time convincing them of their views on how to raise their young.

It was crowded in the parking area but the trails were not as most of the quads were getting stuck in the creek.

We had a good time playing rabbit in Pete's gate. It was still arrowed.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
tx246 said:
Oh Jeffro I saw something that left me speechless. It goes something like this.....

We are blazing down the last bit of trail that goes along the creek and we are almost to the river itself when we run into a little traffic. One, two, four, fourwheelers going at a good clip. They all have bubba helmets on (Dale Jr hats on backwards) and then there is the fifth quad coming out of the dust and there is this lady squinting as she has no goggles/helmet and is riding with one hand on the controls. Guess what she was holding with her other hand? No. It wasnt a beer. It was an infant!!! Thrown over her shoulder with her free hand. This baby (not toddler) was so small it was in a one piece sleeping outfit. Then quad seven and eight are more girls with no helmets...they all did have shoes though. hehe. I figured if a herd of idiots approved, then I was going to have a hard time convincing them of their views on how to raise their young.

It was crowded in the parking area but the trails were not as most of the quads were getting stuck in the creek.

We had a good time playing rabbit in Pete's gate. It was still arrowed.

You gotta be kiddin' me. That is INSANE!!! :coocoo:

You riding this weekend????

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
Its last Sat night but Ill reply anyway. Im staying home this weekend to save up for next weekend. Im headed to the Kiamichi for a ride to Muse on the Indian Nations Trail. Sat and Sunday are Dualsport days in Clayton.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
What do you do for the fuel issue at Kiamichi? Can you run upto Muse and back on a stock 2 stroke tank?

larchitect07

Apr 16, 2007
I'm not familiar with the Indian Nations trail, since the late 60's my dad and all of his friends have been taking trips to Honobia, close to talamena, and I have been several times on my old CR 250, I had a stock tank, but allways carried an extra gallon. You can easily take a 50-75 mile trip if you happen to take a wrong turn or anything else. It is great riding, although nothing is marked that well, at least in the area we have gone to. Another good area to look at is Cass, Arkansas, just like the Kiamichi's, just marked well. It is located just outside of Fort Smith, Arkansas.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I have stayed in Honobia and rode the logging trails in the area. That is a nice area. It is a good place to stay in the middle of the summer with the AC in the cabins and a cool creek nearby. I have jumped into that creek for a refresher from the heat. The water crossing also are fun for my kids. Sleeping inside with AC and no bugs is acceptable to my wife so I can get away with a riding trip with her there.

larchitect07

Apr 16, 2007
We must be talking about two very different Honobias'. We have gone for years. Allways stayed on Honobia Creek Road along the Creek, Extremely primitive, no showers, toilets, anything. We never road much of the fire roads, mainly K trail and the old pipelines. We road hundreds of miles of singletrack. Since much of that land has been sold away from Weyerhauser we haven't been back, our group of about 100 switched over to Cass Arkansas for our weekend getaways. I belive you can still ride around that area, but mainly just dual purpose, I think there may be a little around Clayton also. I hear that there may also be some good single off of Talamena drive by the State Park?

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
larchitect07, I assume we are in the same general area. There are dirt roads going in all direction fron the little center of town. I noticed camping remote areas all up and down the dirt roads. Especially along the bottom road with the concrete creek crossings. The town has a post office, gereral store, some camping with hook ups and cabins, and maybe a dozen homes.

I just made short exploratory trips and came back the same way. I really liked the area. I wish I could go with someone who knew their way around. I had some topo maps off the internet that helped a little.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
larchitect07, I assume we are in the same general area. There are dirt roads going in all direction from the little center of town. I noticed remote camping areas all up and down the dirt roads. Especially along the bottom road with the concrete creek crossings. The little town has a post office, gereral store, some camping with hook ups and cabins, and maybe a dozen homes.

I just made short exploratory trips and came back the same way. I really liked the area. I wish I could go with someone who knew their way around. I had some topo maps off the internet that helped a little.

larchitect07

Apr 16, 2007
It is an extremely good area to ride, but you could get in a load of crap for riding without being dual sport in that area now, as far as I know, that is why we quit going. My dad and his friends started going there in the early 70's and we went all the way up unitil about 1997 or so, haven't been back since, so my trail knowledge of the area is'nt very good, Another good place to ride, that I would be more than happy to invite any one to is Taylor Park, Colorado. We will be making our yearly trip there the 4th through the 10th of September, I just graduated college and am starting a new job in Dallas, so hopefully I get to go.

Top Bottom