lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
the next msws hs race will be brought to you on 12/2 by your friends in the memphis motorcycle club. venue is east of memphis on hwy 57 in saulsbury, tn. the course is being laid out by fletcher lambert. i haven't ridden the new track, but i'm told that it has tight woods, sand, hills, some open fields. i'll prob. be working the course for this 1. all are invited!

ADS

Nov 21, 2001
The best way to Saulsbury from Jackson would be take HWY 18 to Bolivar. From Bolivar go past the Amoco on 18 and take Sane rd. (I believe) on the left to HWY 57 (about 20-25 miles) then right. Watch for Saulsbury rd. on the right (it may or may not be arrowed from this direction). Or you could go on 18 to Grand Junction then HWY 57 to Saulsbury from there (will be arrowed from this direction). Come on out you will love this place!

Last edited:

WOODSGUY

Sponsoring Member
Mar 20, 2000
Lawman,
How much rain have you guys gotten out there. Its been raining here for 4 days straight. Before I get everthing ready to go is there any chance that too much rain could cancel this thing? I hope not I have ridden at Mount Pleasant and I am looking forward to this one.

Carrol

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
hey woodsguy, the last mt pleasant race was my race, hope you enjoyed it! look me up if you make it to this 1.

in memphis we have had rain of epic, record-setting proportions, 10 inches or so as of midnite last nite & it's been raining ever since then. my street was flooded at both ends last nite, so deep in 1 place that you couldn't see the tops of the cars! i don't know how much rain they've had out in the country, perhaps andrew can fill us in. i talked to freddy at fletcher's shop an hour or 2 ago, he said as of right now, the race is still on. the race shouldn't be that big of a problem, the place is very sandy & drains very well (with probably a few of muddy spots)--i've ridden there during a downpour & enjoyed it. the big problem may be the long gravel road getting in there & parking in the muddy field. if anything changes, i will post it on here as soon as i have it. the monsoon is supposed to stop about midnite tonite. in the meantime, my advice is l to look at the msws website for the # & "call before you haul".

ADS

Nov 21, 2001
Hey Lawman,I may live in the country but I am still a little over 2hrs. away. Anyhow, it has rained a whole lot here. My only concern about the race is that we can all get in and out without getting the haulers stuck. I look forward to muddy races, so I'll be there!

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
hey andrew, i never heard of your town, you just gave such good directions that i figured it must be close. heck, i'm closer than that!

the monsoons have finally almost stopped, we'll see how it dries out.

ADS

Nov 21, 2001
Hey Lawman, that's a shortcut that a Trooper told us about the first time we raced there. We were talking to him at the gas station and he told us that it would be way quicker than going to Grand Junction. Sometimes they will actually tell you something besides how fast you were going. ;)
I actually live about 100 miles north of Memphis, close to Dyersburg, think back to Eagle Ridge 97 MSWS, I live about 15 min. from there.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
ah so.

latest word is that the course is to be shortened to cut a big hill & a mudhole or 2. i still recommend checking before leaving, i understand that the crew is out there right now.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
just got the word, the race is ON. the course has been shortened to 8 miles, they're building bridges over the creeks, parking should be ok. see you there!

MikeJ

Apr 15, 2000
Great run but it kicked my butt! I was dying after just one lap after picking my bike up at least half a dozen times and helping out some kid on a 125. It's been a long time since I've ridden in the sand. I need to loose 100 pounds and get into better shape for this series, I have yet to complete as many laps as the winner of my class (SR C). I still had fun and will be at the next one in two weeks.

Mike J
'00 DRZ400E
'98 TE410 (Fore Sale)

Top Bottom