http://www.d14enduro.org/routesheets/2007/2007_matthews_fes_d-l.pdf

Muddobber
http://www.d14enduro.org/routesheets/2007/2007_muddobber.pdf

Additional info provided by the club
Family Enduro:

The Family Enduro will be 2 loops.

1st loop is 14.4 miles long and will be run @ 12mph

2nd loop is 18.5 miles long and will be run @ 18 mph

Classes A, B, and C do not ride loop two.

Both loops are the same loop with some new stuff that's a little more difficult added in for loop two.

All checks are secret, no computers are allowed.

We are getting a bunch of interest in this event and are excited to be having it. Saturday looks to be a very nice day, finally in the 60’s.

Adult Enduro:

First the requirements.

We do want to see everyone with lights (that work we hope) and a plate. Plate can be on a guys shoulder pads, tool bag, etc.

The Upland Enduro on Sunday will have five timing sections, and none of the trail from the Family Enduro will be ran on Sunday. The sections are 7, 15.4, 10, 8, and 13 miles in length.

The Enduro will use the Re Start format with one other twist to the route sheet.

We are using pauses instead of resets. There will be a 20 minute pause after the first section, 40 after the second section. This one will cover the gas available. And then two 15 minute pauses after the next two sections. No pause after the last section as all the riders have to do is ride about 6 miles back to the start.

So the mileage on the route sheet is the actual mileage for the race, it will be 84.8 miles long.

You might let people know to get their computer books out and learn how to enter a pause. But there is really no need at all for a computer, just ride the section, note the pause and proceed down the road to the next re start.

Please, no speeding on the roads, the pause length should be more than adequate to go less than 40 mph down the road.

C and Master riders will not ride the last section.

Expect a nice mix of trail type, from really tight to as fast as you can go in 2nd and 3rd gear. Also some open fields and 7 river crossings, don’t worry the river is low. Just watch the rocks in the river, they can be tricky. And the weather sounds to be a bunch better for Sunday than when we rode mileage. 60’s are much better than low 90’s.

Both events will be enjoyed by the riders, all you have to do is make the trip.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I have had many conversations with the Muddobbers related to their FES. They are excited about putting on a quality event. I like the idea of extra miles for the second loop to provide additional challenge to the older riders.
I hope everyone makes the trip to Upland/Matthews this weekend!

Steve St.Laurent

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 6, 2006
Anyone know if it would be ok for C riders to ride the last section even if we aren't scored on it? I'm trying to get as much experience as possible even if sometimes it does nearly kill me :laugh:

Top Bottom