yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Planning on going to Muenster Saturday morning until early evening. Probably will have to leave up there by about 4 in the afternoon, and hopefully get there by 10 (but that never happens of course).

Should be me and the old man, pewter suburban, YZ250F and KTM. Cross country numbers N637 and H325. Look us up.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I could be there. Too early to predict yet. I need a good workout and this bunch can do it. The neighborhood needs some weekend quite time. I have only had a few laps around the local woods lately.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Mudd Slinger said:
I need a good workout and this bunch can do it.

I debated on where to go with this quote, I figure I have 2 options...

1. I could say - we'll give you a good enough workout, just show up with your bad self and try to keep up :cool:

or

2. I could say - taraker will give you a different kind of workout that you may not have bargained for if you let him...

I think I like number 2 better. :nener:

Anybody have a preference on a parking spot? First gate or second gate?

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
taraker said:
Me and Jeff will be seeing ya. :)

I promise to even go slow fer ya :nener:

Wrong weekend Matt. :coocoo:

I can't go next weekend. Cole has a hockey tourney and Cody & Jason are grounded until further notice. Grades come 1st...

So I am going riding Saturday 4/9 - see the post...
http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=114435

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Dang, they're both grounded now? Sounds like those kids need to hit the books a little more. Must be hard when their homework is too complicated for their dad to help them with. :nener:

Just kiddin man. Bummer you won't be able to make it on the 16th. Guess I probably won't see ya till the summer sometimes. Tell Cole good luck on his hockey tourney!

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
If I have my gear in by then (getting shipped from CO), I'll try and plan on making it :cool:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
What size are ya.. I got some stuff you can have!

I got extra boots (tech 6), a spare chest protector, and we've got several helmets layin around (all good, nothin crappy).

What kind of gear are you getting? I hope you got MSR!

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
Are we talking no charge? :)

I have a good helmet already, and gloves that will work. I just need the rest.

The guy I bought the bike from is supposed to be sending me some pants and boots.

I wear a size 10 boot, 33-34 waist size.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I've got a set of No Fear stuff you can have if you want it. Who needs 4 sets of gear? Jersey is an XL and pants are 36 I think but I'm pretty sure the waist is adjustable. It's worn, but not trashed. Jersey is torn, but sewed back up. Jerseys aren't that important anyhow. I only wear them when I race, other than that I wear t shirts. It would be better than nothing! What height/weight are ya?

The Tech-6's are an 11 I think, maybe 10. They're at home and I can't remember off the top of my head. I wear a 10 in Nike's and they fit me fine. Lemme think about the boots. You can certainly borrow them for a day of riding though.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
yzguy15 said:
I've got a set of No Fear stuff you can have if you want it. Who needs 4 sets of gear? Jersey is an XL and pants are 36 I think but I'm pretty sure the waist is adjustable. It's worn, but not trashed. Jersey is torn, but sewed back up. Jerseys aren't that important anyhow. I only wear them when I race, other than that I wear t shirts. It would be better than nothing! What height/weight are ya?

The Tech-6's are an 11 I think, maybe 10. They're at home and I can't remember off the top of my head. I wear a 10 in Nike's and they fit me fine. Lemme think about the boots. You can certainly borrow them for a day of riding though.
Yeah, those are good boots, and I also wear a size 10 in shoes so it sounds like they'd work for me as well. I'm still in contact w/the seller, but I'll let you know later next week if I need to borrow anything. Thanks!

FWIW, I'm 5'9", 160 lbs.

darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
I might be able to come out and ride with you fellas on the 16th. I'll try not to hit my head on any trees.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Umm, 5'9" and 160 probably is too small to fit into any of my stuff. You're welcome to the pants if you want them but I wore them when I was as big as 230, and they still fit ok now at 190, but 160 is a pretty big difference. Let me know if you need to borrow anything though, don't matter to me.

Hope to see you there Dennis. That was a rough day for you... who knew that you'd sell that POS KLX and get significantly faster than everybody else not too long after that.

the_monk

Sep 1, 2004
Sounds like spring time is bringing out the masses... Grrrrr.

I'll be out for quite awhile. Surgery on Tuesday to try and fix the collar bone. Doc is saying I should avoid "high loading" for 6 months. My interpretation of that is jumping. Since I don't jump, I'll assume he means 4-6 weeks. :)

I'll be living vicariously through this board, so please post up the highlights.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
Eh, doesn't look like I'll be able to go. My grandma's b-day is Sunday at my aunt & uncle's place and I'm taking the bike out there since they have 50 acres. After my short ride at Marshall Creek Saturday, I know I'll be dead tired if I go riding the day before. I know... :blah:

I'm still trying to get used to riding again. I have the skills, its the endurance that needs work :nod:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
darnjr said:
I might be able to come out and ride with you fellas on the 16th. I'll try not to hit my head on any trees.

:rotfl:

Or fall off into any holes... :)

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
JMD said:
We all mostly just ride in cutoff jeans and tennis shoes.

Overalls with a John Deere cap on backerds. No shirt under the Big Dog overalls tho. That there is ridin' in style my friend...

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Ok, so it looks like it's only going to be me and JMD? My dad may not be able to make it either. Where's that "Stan" character? I thought he lived at Muenster...

Jim, do you have a preference on a parking spot? How many is coming in your crew?

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Eric, I might not be able to go, either. I'm going Thursday, because two sons have to work Saturday. I might be able to ride Thursday AND Saturday, but I'm not sure yet. I'll let you know.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
:bang:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Eric, don't worry yet. You can never go wrong betting on the depth of my irresponsibility and tendency to ignore important chores and just chuck it all to go riding. That's what I like most about myself. So I might wind up going Saturday, too.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
LOL, it's ok... I'm sure my girlfriend will tag along if EVERYBODY else bails. No worries mate, it just figures that everybody is busy the one weekend I'm home and can ride!

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I'll probably be there. I have to miss the following weekend, so barring any unforeseen eventualities, and considering the viccisitudes frequently plaguing us denizens of the modern milieu, I feel sanguine about prognosticating my eventual attendance at the aforementioned event.

Top Bottom