Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
sure Jim, whatever you say! :coocoo:

Brian and I headed up last Saturday. (forgot about the trials event :bang: ) remembered the event as we were going thru Muenster, lucked out and met up with a guy with 440 acres near to where we normally ride.

Had a great time, some great hill climbs and the whole place to ourselves.

The place is between Saint Jo and Bulcher. First time I have been riding in about 2 months.

Have the inlaws @ the new house this weekend, will have to pass. But y'all have fun now, ya hear! :cool:

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
Grady said:
sure Jim, whatever you say! :coocoo:

Brian and I headed up last Saturday. (forgot about the trials event :bang: ) remembered the event as we were going thru Muenster, lucked out and met up with a guy with 440 acres near to where we normally ride.
Wouldn't happen to be Jimmy Jack would it? hehe.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Ehh, in-laws? Sounds like the perfect time to go riding if you ask me!!!

Looks like I will be down to a party of one. I think my girlfriend will come along and hang out. So now I'll be in a red, shortbox, single cab F150 liscence plate - KIPPY (her truck, her personalized plates..) with just the KTM in tow. Just a 3 rail trailer also.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
yzguy15 said:
Ehh, in-laws? Sounds like the perfect time to go riding if you ask me!!!

Looks like I will be down to a party of one. I think my girlfriend will come along and hang out. So now I'll be in a red, shortbox, single cab F150 liscence plate - KIPPY (her truck, her personalized plates..) with just the KTM in tow. Just a 3 rail trailer also.
On a completely unrelated note... what does your girlfriend do while you ride? I'm almost certain my wife would be bored out of her mind if she went w/me... unless she had something to ride too.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
Lets go riding couch potatoes!

Jim, I bet you can't type that twice without looking. That made me hurt between the ears. I never heard such big words on this site before. :laugh:

This weekend is looking good. Am I hearing that it that it is down to yzguy and his girlfriend. Come on and be a just little irresponsible and go riding. My wife is having a garage sale and If I don't work or go riding, she will put me to work digging for more stuff to sell. I am going riding. She may sell my good stuff while I am gone but I'm going to take the risk..

I hope I am there by noon. I still have to work late Friday night but I will escape early. The weather is looking good all weekend. Look for my red Dodge PU.

Saturday or Sunday?? I can go either day.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Sometimes she hangs out, sometimes she rides our TTR a little.. she does whatever she wants I guess :). Usually it depends on what she's got going on. This time she said she plans on getting some studying done because she's got a lot of stuff to take care of. Mostly, she doesn't like me going by myself.

It looks to me like it's going to be me, JMD, and Mudd Slinger. Anybody else game? I hope to get out there by 10, and we've got to be gone by like 3:30 or 4.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Probably not a bad idea. I don't really care for Bells all that much. Are you a member? Can you ride anything other than the same track? I got bored by the end of the last TORO race out there.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
Bells is real close to my house. I have never been there but picture it as being relatively flat land. Is that true? I prefer some elevation changes like down at Barnswell and Talimena. It make riding much more intereting.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Bells is small, and is relatively flat. There are some little up and downs, nothing more than 20 ft. or so, but they're pretty steep. Nothing as good as the sweet hills all over the place at Gilmer, and some of the good ones you can hunt down at Muenster. Bells has one loop, that's 8 or 9 miles. It's hard like concrete when it gets dry and slick as ice when wet. I've seen worse properties to race on, that's for sure, and I'd still rather ride there than any sandy place.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I was there all day today, weather was great and the conditions were pretty sweet too.

I missed everybody out there. Hope yall had a good time!

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I wound up staying home and helping around the place. I just felt like a fun hog going twice in the week when there was so much work to do around here. Sorry I had to miss you. Hope you had a good time, Eric.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
Yep, I'm glad I didn't go and saved it for Sunday. I rode for about 3 hours yesterday (aunt and uncle have 50 acres) and I'm definitely feeling it today in my arms :nod:

Time to get them back in shape :)

On the bright side, I finally got to really open up the bike, throw it (not wrap it) around some trees in the woods, and send it up some nice rocky hills. I'll be patiently awaiting the next ride. Sat. morning would be good as my wife works that day ;)

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
How did I miss you YZguy15? I went in the second gate was at the bottom of the hill on the right. I got there about 12:45 and spent almost all day there riding by myself and with whom ever would allow me to hang out with them. I met a few people. I seen someone leaving with 2 yamahas (one was a ttr125) and thought I missed you because you were leaving early and I was getting there later that I said.

I chased a coyote and turkey on the same day. They were much quicker and just flat out ran away from me. And I thought you guys were fast.

Last edited:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
You had to have driven right past us on the way in. We ended up borrowing my gf's grandmother's Excursion for the trip instead of taking her truck, it was nice with the extra room (and the diesel is a dream to drive.. *sigh*). Plus, she watched a dvd on the way home.

We ended up just having a tan excursion and my ktm with a black 3rail. We were through the second gate, then took the split in the road to the right, and at that first shade structure past the porto on the left hand side. Did you ride with the dad and son on the KTM's? They were fast. I'm glad they came by me, because I was wanting to go ride on some of the trials trails from the previous weekend's competition, but was afraid to go on them by myself. I'm bummed that I missed you.

One of these day's Jim, we will actually make it some place on the same day at the same time and see each other. Somehow we always find a way to miss each other...

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I know it, Eric. I think you were one of the very first guys to reply to my posts five or six years ago, and we still haven't crossed paths. Weird. Enduro Nut was another of the first guys I talked with on line, and we met by accident out at Muenster a couple weeks later, and now I see him so much I'm sick of him. Yeesh! One of these days, before I'm too old and decrepit to ride (which will probably be about two weeks), we'll have to do some riding. Good luck with finals.

Top Bottom