JMD

Jul 11, 2001
The Red River cycle park near Muenster, Texas, has some of the best riding in the country. Malcolm Smith recently showed up to ride the park with a group of friends. (He reportedly thought Bill's Woods was too easy. Whew!) We have the opportunity to hold a group ride at Muenster Friday through Sunday, April 16-18, if we can secure enough comitted attendees. The park is scheduled to be closed that weekend, so we'd have it all to ourselves. Cost would be $8 a day, which all goes to the landowner. I need to know who would be interested in attending. I have about 20 committed people already. If you are pretty sure you would attend, post up here, and let me know.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
I'd be all over it except that's Dallas SX!!! Probably why the park is going to be closed.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
It is the reason the park's closed. You might want to stop by Sunday after the SX; I think a few others are planning that as well.

roost-u

Feb 25, 2004
RE;Munster

Hey all I am new here and would love to make this ride but I need dirictions to munster never been there. Usely ride marshall creek or shady grove. So it's SX weekend I would still rather ride than watch. :flame:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Roost-U, I feel the same way. I've been to the supercross several times, and it's just a huge hassle: fighting the traffic all the way there, paying exorbitant rates to park, and to get in; sitting cramped in a tiny seat too far away, then fighting the traffic to get out. It's too much for me; last two times I went I swore I'd never go again. This year I'm staying away. We're going to have a blast at Muenster, if we can get enough people committed. For directions, take I-35 North to 82 in Gainesville, take 82 west 13 miles to Muenster, then go north on 373 17 miles to the park. Check out the Redrivermotorcycletrails.com website for more info. I'll put you on the list of probable attendees.

Jim

Top Bottom