Must reads for newbies into Dirt riding?

bambooi

Sep 7, 2003
Any websites,books, or magazines that a newbie should read? I already know how to ride since I have rode my friends' xr100,yz80,blaster,etc. I am just looking into what maintenece work is needed and how to diagnose/spot engine problems when buying. I am trying to do a lot of research. Thanks.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Do yourself a favor and become a subscriber here. That gives you the ability to search the archives. That alone is worth the $12 or whatever. Every topic known to off road riding has been covered here many many times. Just type in what it is you want info on and it's right here.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I've always felt that Watership Down and The Tawny Scrawny Lion should be required reading when deciding to ride a dirt bike. Oh, and who can forget One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

I haven't read Rick Seimen's book ( but I have heard it is very very good) but I do know that he is a genuine motorcycling guru. His Don't Ask column at www.offroad.com/dirtbike is great!!! I heard he used to write for dirbike magazine but I wouldn't know for sure...that was a bit before my time...lol

Top Bottom