My back yard 10 minutes ago... NO HUNTERS!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Anyone that thinks living in the burbs of Chicago is about concrete and Al Capone ....

Attachments

• okiebackyard1.jpg
    okiebackyard1.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 396

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Last year we had a doe and her fawn in the back yard. By the time we got the camera, they were gone. Now the field behind my house is a subdivision :( .

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
Me and JCV220R almost clipped a few fawn on the railroad bed @ WOT... :scream: VERY scarey!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
only 1?? Sorry but we get anywhere from 5 to 15 a night- of course we have a feeder out there and live in the sticks. It is great to see that even wildlife can beat out the suburbs of course you will have at least one neighbor complain because it ate their flowers.

clutchcover

~SPONSOR~
Feb 21, 2002
Wheres my bow? Never mind, it's a little whitetail. Just kidding. I guess it's not the same when you live in a place where you see them everyday. I still love to get close, even when I'm not hunting them. They truly are beautiful animals. And they taste so good. XR pred is from Idaho, he knows what I mean.

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Okie what is that, some kind of coyote LOL? I forgot what they look like living out here for so long :|

Very cool by the way I'm jelous!!

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
I see several of those oversized rats everyday at work. We also get wild turkeys here - one guy has a picture taken thru the tinted window of tom strutting(?) at his own reflection. Last time I was out riding with the wife I came around a corner and scared a wild turkey - he/she took off a flew down the fire road in front of me for ~200 yards. Very cool.

Brian

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
dell30 said:
dont invite xr pred over !!
Now, now . . . it's still spring.
clutchcover then opined
They truly are beautiful animals.
That they are. :)
And they taste so good.
That's debatable. :confused:
XR pred is from Idaho, he knows what I mean.
That I am. Are those some little nubbins up there on that head? A little buck, eh? Maybe you can get him to hang around (if your neighbors don't get up in arms over the bugger tearing up their trees!)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
We have a herd of about 10-12 or so who hang out on our 10 acres all the time. We have a male pheasant around here too--now he's cool looking! Strutting his stuff and calling the ladies all the time.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
That is something you don't see everyday in the burbs!

A friend of my Girlfriend's family has two doe that think they are dogs. They live on a ranch. If you leave food out they will eat it. If you leave the front door open they will just come in. They are not affraid of people at all. He has a big barrel of dried corn that he keeps on the front porch. They will eat right out of your hand. Its pretty cool.

About a month ago while riding I startled about 8 or more white tail on the trail. They all took off in the same direction as me. I had three for four just running next to the trail along side of me for a good ways. I was moving pretty fast too. That is the coolest thing to see. I've had that happen more than once.

Last edited:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Okie,
Using a whitetail to clear up the fense row and yard trim is fine...BUT if you have some nasty tree stumps you need taken care of, you are gonna have to get a good moose!

Attachments

• moose8.jpg
    moose8.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 284

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Very cool!

Steady, safety off, squeeze the trigger ... eer ummm cute! ;)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
"Oversized rats"... yup, that's what the deer are in the south, lol. Ever seen a deer in Texas or Oklahoma? Pfffft. Tiny little runts they are. Cowboy froze them there for quite a while, I guess they thought that if they moved he'd seem 'em :silly: They are pretty common around here, just usually don't have a camera when I need it.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
okie I think your going to need a bigger mouse trap? out in the corn feild. those rodents hang around all the time, they give the old shepard somthing to chase out of the yard.

326mx

Mar 25, 2002
They used to come around my old house all the time.

And you know what would happen?? eh, DO YA

I'll tell ya what happened...

My cat would spend fifteen twenty minutes stalking them. They he would pounce and then attack them. MY LITTLE HOUSECAT. Once he got a fawn to fall over.

Jason

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Ya, what's the big deal? Since I moved to the midwest I've seen fake deer on every other front lawn! :p

What's with that anyway? It took me a few weeks to get used to. Just about everytime I would drive around a bend I'd jump and try not to jamb on my breaks! :silly:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Shhhhhhhhhhh! ktmboy snapped a photo of this wild but beautiful creature in his back yard yesterday. On a good day he can see 2-3 of them guranteed!:p Gotta love the desert!:)

Attachments

• thorny.jpg
    thorny.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 95

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom